Review: L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Sarah gave me a couple of travel size L'Occitane goodies recently (thankyou, Sarah!) and they are the first L'Occitane bits I've ever used. I chose to try out their Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel last night.

Firstly, the scent - it's gorgeous. The L'Occitane website tells me that it's one of their best sellers, and I'm not surprised. It's sweet, but not too sweet, fresh and fruity, but still clean smelling and delicate. I absolutely love it. I usually veer towards scents that are more amber and musk based, and while this does have both of those in its base notes, it's much lighter than I would usually go for. Maybe it's the inclusion of cherry and cherry blossom notes; cherries are my absolute favourite fruit.

Scent aside, this is a pretty average shower gel - it foams up nicely, makes you feel clean, and doesn't strip the skin. The scent lingered on my skin for an hour of so after use. As a bath foam, it's probably below average for me - the bubbles (which were voluminous at first) disappeared after half an hour, which doesn't really fit in with my habit of taking hour (or two) long baths.

But the scent! I'm a convert. Because I bath more than I shower, I probably won't go out and purchase the full size Bath & Shower Gel... but L'Occitane do make a solid perfume of this scent, which might possibly happen to fall into my hands at some point soon.

If you'd like to try it, you can find it on L'Occitane's website at £12.50 for 250ml.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Review: L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel