The Great Lipstick Debate

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
It’s not often that I discuss such life changing, earth shifting topics on my blog such as the oil spill in the gulf or the nomination of Elena Kagan as the newest Supreme Court Justice, but since it’s Friday and because I am feeling a little adventurous I thought that I would discuss one such topic….the debate of which shade of pink lipstick conquers all...what, you don’t think this is an important topic?! Ok, maybe not, but I’ve had these scans on my computer for a while and I figured I would share…

Let’s examine our two contenders…

Maybe you prefer a lighter shade of pink. Camilla Belle is looking beautiful here with her pink selection. It’s a little “frosty” for my choice, but I think lighter shades of pink can be quite flattering without having that “Grandma effect”. Sometimes when I see celebrities and models with dark, dark hair I get a little bit jealous and feel like I wish I hard dark hair...and then I snap back to reality and realize that I would look ridiculous with dark hair. The reason I mention this is because women with dark hair can pull off different shades than women with a lighter coloring. I think that the frosty lipstick here works well with Camilla's look because her dark hair balances the frostiness. If you had a blonde put on this frosty pink it may look as though she were channeling Barbie for inspiration.

Or maybe you’re more of a pop of pink kind of gal. I saved this tear from the February Marie Claire because I love the rosy shades of pink. I typically go the route of choosing lighter pinks, but these hues are just so fresh and polished! Again, I often wonder if this type of color can only be worn on someone with darker hair or a specific coloring, but lately I've seen A LOT of models and actresses with lighter colorings pulling off these vibrant hues and I must say that I am a fan! I may have to try out these rosier shades this weekend for M.’s graduation festivities.

So which shade do you prefer?! Are you into the petal pinks or bright pinks?!

Either way, HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: The Great Lipstick Debate