The Big Winter Storm!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
The big snow storm is coming!! My boss decided to close the office at 12 today so we can all make it home before the snow starts to fall around 1pm this afternoon. According to the weather man we will be getting 16 to 24 inches of snow this weekend with the possibility of getting even more – around 28 inches!

We stocked up yesterday at the grocery store with all of the necessities, including the ingredients for our superbowl feast. This brings up my love/hate relationship with Whole Foods.

I took my lunch break yesterday and ran off to Whole Foods for some of the “special” ingredients that we needed for Sunday, but I figured while I was there I could pick up the necessities too so that we didn’t have to make another trip to the grocery store. **I frequented the Whole Foods in Columbus Circle when I was living in New York City and was always impressed with the selection of food and brands that they offered.** Well yesterday I might as well not even made the trip! First -- there were 80 million people there all freaking out and stocking up because of the snow ( and I thought we only “freaked” out about snow in North Carolina….) and second, there was NOTHING. By nothing, for example I mean that they only offered one brand of pre-packaged cheese…and it was special “organic” cheese at that. They had no tortilla chips – I mean, I know it’s superbowl weekend and people love their tortilla chips, but come on…how do you not have ANY type of tortilla chip. Finally I wanted pizza sauce – nope, you’re not going to get it at the Whole Foods in Old Town…the only thing you’re going to get there is a $12 jar of Emeril Lagasse’s vodka sauce. So in the words of little Stephanie Tanner…HOW RUDE!

We did end up making a separate trip to the grocery store closer to our apartment where we were pleased to find a huge tortilla chip selection and a shelf full of pizza sauce choices.

Well, I just looked out my window at work and it’s flurrying! I’m planning on spending my snowed-in weekend working on wedding plans, watching plenty of TV & DVD’s, working out, cooking and maybe even venturing out into the wintery wonderland…we’ll see!

Happy Weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: The Big Winter Storm!