Why You'll Find No Valentine's Themed Posts Here

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
The first email I received about Valentine's Day this year arrived on January 11th. So far, I've had emails peddling dresses, mini breaks, meals out, curly hair products, craft nights, beauty products, and chick lit, all in the name of Valentine's Day. Call me a cynical old grump if you like, but in my mind, Valentine's Day is just another massive commercial opportunity for companies to guilt trip you into buying things.

While I could possibly be persuaded to buy him indoors some chocolate (mostly because I can eat it myself share it with him), I'm not going to buy a lip plumping gloss or a red lipstick because a beauty brand is positioning them for Valentine's Day. Not just because red lipstick doesn't look great transferred onto his lips, but also because I buy lipstick for myself, because I want to feel attractive for my own happiness all year round - not because I want to attract a mate on one particular day of the year.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Why You'll Find No Valentine's Themed Posts Here