Seeing Stripes: Furniture Re-Do

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Sorry about forgetting the link to the treadmill workouts in yesterdays post. If you check out FitSugar they have some really wonderful “cardio” workouts. Just type cardio in the search bar and you’ll get a bunch for the treadmill and, in case you’re not into running until your legs go numb, you could always try out the elliptical programs in that same search…I copied a few down for great weekend workouts! I’m happy to report that this morning I popped out of bed at 5:15am, took the dog out and then got in a sweat-inducing 6.05 miles before work! I’m feeling refreshed an energized right now!

Also, M. really enjoyed his first day of work at his new job yesterday and I am excited about the great career ahead of him –and I know he’s excited too! :)

So…lately I’ve been DYING to do some decorating around our apartment. I’ve said it about a thousand times, but since we’re not yet in our own purchased place I don’t want to spend TOO MUCH money on decorating or spending crazy amounts of money on furniture we may not want when we do eventually “purchase” a place. I’ve been scouring home design blogs and websites for inspiration and I am going to pull together a little design board and get to work on perfecting my vision over the next month or two.

A favorite of mine has always been painting old furniture to give it new life. As you can see in THIS POST from what seems like forever ago, I had found this side table (shown in the picture at the bottom of this post - AFTER I had painted it!) in the garbage (it was in perfect condition) and decided to paint it a "neutral" color for our place in Washington, DC. Turns out now it is just kind of gathering dust in the corner of our bedroom, so I figured…start the decorating transformation small, right?!

I found this photo HERE and decided that I NEEDED to do something like this to our little, lonely side table. I’m starting to get sick of the color anyway…it’s just…blah to me, so I figured a finish like this would be the perfect pick-me-up AND something that I can reasonably do inside of our apartment. Now I just need to make a decision on which colors to use (hence why I really need a completed design board first!)! I like how the table in the photo used the natural wood stain peeking through the white stripes. I'm probably going to have to leave my table the blueish color that it is, but I'll pick a fun accent color for the stripes! Where is a girl to go in the city when she needs to do some DIY projects…especially painting furniture?! This may prove to be more of a struggle than I thought… :)

What do you think, do you like the “Chevron” pattern on the table in the photo?!Do you think I could do something like this on my little side table?! Do you all have any other fun ideas for my lonely piece of furniture?!

PS: I'm also at a loss to what to do with the "inside" of that little shelf. There is a hole in the back which I am guessing meant that this was a "TV" table and the box or DVD player could sit on the shelf without cords coming over the top. Hmm....any ideas?! I currently just keep some stacked books inside.

As I type I am listening to The Beatles “Here Comes the Sun” and in fact, the sun IS finally starting to come out here in NYC! :)

Have a wonderful Thursday! The weekend is just around the corner…hooray!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Seeing Stripes: Furniture Re-Do