I'm No Expert

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Have you ever WebMD'ed something?! I'm sure that most of you have. When I was in college I would often times use WebMD to diagnose my cold or sore throat only to find out that I could possibly have some rare type of the swine flu or a life-threatening disease caused by the bite of a fly from some remote area of Costa Rica. What I really had was the common cold and a sore throat, but many a time I would resort back to WebMD to explain my symptoms. You would think that with my Dad being a doctor and all I would just call him, but I think it was more fun doing the self diagnosis and then gushing about it to all of my friends.

Either way, yesterday I had a similar "WebMD moment," except this time I wasn't trying to find out why I had a stuffy nose or a scratchy throat, well, because I'm not sick. Instead I started googling around with the company that I interviewed with -- yes, I know, I really am going crazy. It's fine, but I thought I'd share the chain of events yesterday.

So I start googling around and then lo and behold, there it is, right in front of my eyes -- someone online had the position that I interviewed for listed with their name and it was not the girl who's place I would be taking. Of course I freaked out and SO many thoughts ran through my mind, but the main one was "Why didn't they call to tell me I didn't get the job?" I decided to take the advice that many of you had given me and just attempt to try and find out the status on the position. If nothing else, at least I would get my reassurance of "We went with another applicant" and get it over with.

So yeah, I had a freak out, sent the email and then decided to drive home during my lunch break (just because I felt like I desperately needed a hug from my husband). When I arrived home I was comforted by my amazing husband and upon explaining to him that I decided to send the email he responded with "Well do you want to check if you got anything back yet?" I said "No" at first and then changed my mind and logged into my email.

To my surprise I had a reply email letting me know that I was still in the running for the position and that HR would be calling me that afternoon to follow up. WHAT?! This was crazy -- two seconds ago I was defeated (boooo google) and now I had a smile on my face from ear to ear.
So I'm no expert on "working and living in NYC," like some people :) :) :) but yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from the woman I met with in HR during my interview two weeks ago who let me know that I was one of the final candidates. She requested my references and let me know that they would be making their final decision by the end of next week.

At this point I am fine with the whole situation -- if I get the job, GREAT! -- if I don't get the job, Oh well! I'll find something else!

So that's the next phase in this job seeking saga....again, I'm mostly documenting all of this because it's a big thing going on in my life and I want to be able to look back on it. Thanks for putting up with all of the job related posts!

I hope that you all have a FABULOUS weekend!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: I'm No Expert