"Be Proud, Learn and Move On!"

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
This past weekend was JUST what I needed! Thank you for all of your sweet comments, I am feeling much better and more put together after this weekend’s relaxing events!

My sister came for her visit and arrived on Friday evening. I picked up M. from the library and we headed off to one of our favorite local restaurants for a late dinner.

I knew it was going to be hot this weekend, but jeeze – the degree mark in my car actually reached 106! I couldn’t believe how hot it was and the heat definitely cut my sister and my plans for Saturday short. We woke up on Saturday and cooked a quick breakfast for ourselves and M, dropped M. off at the library and then headed over to Old Town to do a little boutique shopping. We actually discovered a couple of boutiques I had never visited and it was fun looking at all of the pretty late-summer clothes. We also encountered a SUPER cute shoe boutique where I did my best to clasp my wallet tightly to avoid buying anything! Luckily it worked and I walked out with my credit card not harmed.

My sister C. and I visited some other fun shops while in Old Town but after about an hour we decided that it was far too hot to even be walking around. We made an impromptu trip to the Goodwill to see if there was any fun furniture we could refurbish for C.’s college apartment and then stopped by our local TJ Maxx where we enjoyed the air conditioning for a while and browsed the discount deals. We ended up finding the ultimate in cake decorating tools and we both bought one! Have you ever seen these?!?! It’s a Kuhn Rikon Frosting Decorating Pen and it’s battery powered! I actually had put this on my wedding registry because it is TOO fun! Since I didn’t receive this for my wedding I decided I had to have it and got a great deal too! The kit comes with three frosting cartridges, one color mixer, three filler plates, five decorating tips and a nozzle for filling cupcakes. I can’t wait to test it out and I'll certainly share my opinion on the product in a future post!

After enjoying our time shopping we headed back to the apartment where we relaxed and watched a little TV. We found a fun, new place to enjoy dinner that night and eventually picked up M. from the library around 7:30.

We headed over to the restaurant straight from the library. We all enjoyed burgers and finished our dinners with delicious milkshakes. Certainly not low-cal, but certainly delicious! :) Once home from dinner we all watched “The Book of Eli” which ended up being a very interesting movie. Not my favorite and a little bit gory, but it held my attention the whole time.

Sunday we basically repeated Saturday. We dropped M. off at the library and then headed off to do some shopping, this time grocery shopping. We picked up the ingredients for a home cooked dinner and a little baking. We also rented “When in Rome” which we watched while prepping the food. The movie was super cute – a great chick flick!

That evening we all enjoyed dinner together – panko breaded chicken with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms, traditional Christmas Stuffing (in honor of Sunday being exactly 6 months until Christmas), and we made some mashed potatoes for M.!

This morning came WAY to fast (although the alarm went off 20 minutes later than it was supposed to!), but this morning means the start of a new week and the start of a much better week! M. left about an hour ago to make his way to the city where he’ll be taking the bar exam. He’ll be in the exam on Tuesday and Wednesday so send prayers his way! He’s been studying like crazy so I’m sure he’ll have no problem, but prayers never hurt! :)

My mom is on her way to DC as I type this and will arrive early this afternoon. We’re going to enjoy some “Mommy time” as M. likes to refer to it as, and hang out for a couple of days until M. arrives back in DC from the big bar extravaganza!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Also..I wanted to repost this little quote taken from Another Day in Midwest Paradise’s blog post today….

“Finish each week, be proud of what you accomplished, learn from where you fell short and move on!”

Inspirational any way you apply it! Happy Monday! :) My final Wedding-Recaps start tomorrow! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: "Be Proud, Learn and Move On!"