A Walk Down Memory Lane/Engagement Photos

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I've been packing up a lot of my stuff for the big move to DC & found some of my old modeling pictures. I was by no means an amazing model, in fact I mostly did local work, but it was SO FUN to be in front of the camera!

One of my fun local shoots was for the newspaper -- a spring fashion spread. The photo to the left was on the cover of the "Lifestyles" section. When I look back on the photo the first thing I think is.."Where the heck is my other foot?"...This was obviously poor posing on my part, but the pooch down front managed to look adorable!

I love the arts-y-ness of the second photo which was placed just below the photo of me with the duster. If you haven't figured it out yet, the photographer was going for that "desperate housewife" thing. I LOVE the dress I'm wearing in this photo...the butterfly print is something I never thought I would like! Isn't the combo of the turquoise & bright coral pretty too?! I bet it would make a HOT summer wedding color combination.

The next photo I took was in the bathtub...yes, the bathtub. I remember that dress was from Ann Taylor (or AT Loft?!). I love the green color & the color pop the yellow gloves make!

I completely forgot about the last two photos. One I took sitting on the counter in the kitchen with an apple & an adorable yellow gingham skirt. Totally cute. I wonder if the owner of this house minded that I was sitting on their kitchen counter top!?

The last photo I took with another model & we were wearing busy patterned skirts. I love the way the photographer cropped the photo so that only the bottom of our faces could be seen -- & the teacup prop...super cute!

I figured I would share a few more of my favorite modeling photos since it is on my mind. The next photos were from some of my portfolio shoots. Rick Day shot the photo to the left. I LOVED LOVED LOVED that sweater! It was definitely cashmere...SO SOFT...& the big cowl neck looked so cool in the pictures. Looking back at these pictures I also kind of miss having short hair. I know I can't cut my hair now...especially not that short with the wedding coming up, but maybe after I'm married I will chop it all off again?!

The next photo was taken by the same photographer. It's a little "darker" than the rest, but I love the makeup. When do you ever get to wear a SUPER smoky eye like that?! Anthony was my make-up artist for many of these photos -- he seemed to always show up wherever I was shooting. I always got so excited when he was my make-up person because he was hilarious & would always trim my hair for me! One time he even cut bangs!!

One of my favorite things that Anthony turned me on to was the Stila Makeup line. His favorite base makeup was the tinted moisturizer in 40 Watts. It really is a FABULOUS makeup -- it gives FLAWLESS coverage & because it is so light, it leaves a dewy finish instead of that matte look you get with so many foundations.

He actually used the tinted moisturizer in the photo to the left with the coral colored bathing suit. In fact, that's probably my favorite part of the photo...the makeup!

Modeling was fun, but of course it gets me thinking about how my engagement photos, bridal portraits, & wedding photos will turn out...not to mention what makeup I will use on my wedding day, what makeup artist I will hire, & how I will do my hair!?!?!

The question is...were you nervous about taking your engagement photos!? Did they turn out the way you wanted them & did they look natural (not too posey)!? I need to schedule M. & my engagment session VERY SOON so I've been thinking about it alot!

I hope you all had a fabulous day...& thanks for joining me on my walk down memory lane!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: A Walk Down Memory Lane/Engagement Photos