What I’ll Be Wearing: Pre-Wedding Cookout

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I’ve mentioned it on my blog before, but on Thursday evening we are hosting a cookout for any family members who may be in town early and our full bridal party! I wanted to do something casual to sort of kick off the weekend and what better than a cookout! Originally we really wanted to have a little tennis tournament before the cookout in honor of how M. and I met, but with M.’s groomsman in Bar-Prep classes it just wasn’t really an option. But the cookout will go on!

For the cookout we’re going to have “easy” foods -- BBQ Pulled Pork from our favorite BBQ place (come on ya’ll, what did you expect, it’s NC!), buns (to make a pulled pork Sammie of course!), slaw, potato chips, possibly some sort of pasta salad, and easyyyyy desserts – I’m thinking cookies or brownies. Of course there will be plenty of lemonade, wine and beer to wash everything down!

Since we’re having this kick off cookout I had to have something adorable to wear! Originally I was thinking of a skirt and top combo (maybe a little Lilly!?), but then I fell in love with this dress from Anthropologie – for once people, I didn’t choose pink! I love the sea foam and minty green color combo – so fresh! I also love that this dress is mostly white – again, I am the bride for the weekend so it’s only natural that I wear some white!

The best part about this dress is that it is SUPER, SUPER flattering. The dress actually comes with that adorable belt you see on the photo (with the little rope accent) and it just sinches in at the waist so perfectly!!

I actually have the perfect earrings to go with it – I bought them all the way back in high-school from Banana Republic and I know that they will look GREAT with the dress. They have a bit of a cascade look with gold backing. As far as shoes, my mom actually picked up these pretty, gold Lilly sandals for me during the most recent Lilly boutique on Rue la la, so I think they’ll be perfect!

We’re down to 25 days! I couldn’t be any more excited!

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: What I’ll Be Wearing: Pre-Wedding Cookout