The Clarisonic Diaries: One Week In

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
So, I've had my Clarisonic for a week now.  Angels have not started singing every time I pick it up, but I'm definitely enjoying using it - it's quite staggering, the feeling of cleanness, compared to how clean my skin felt after a single oil cleanse before.

My skin doesn't seem to be loving it quite as much as I am, though.  I have suffered a few spots this week, possibly because the deep cleaning has been dredging up dirt from deep within my cavernous pores, or possibly because I'm a bit stressed at the moment.




I do think, though, that my skin is looking clearer - well, the bits around the spots are looking clearer at least.  The biggest difference, however, is in the feeling of my regular moisturisers - they just sink right in, much faster than they used to do.  I've not tried one of my oils this week, but even my heavy night cream is soaked right up.  As a result I've been using less product, which can only be a good thing.  My fine lines are still looking pretty much the same (but after only seven days, this isn't surprising), and the bumpy bits on my forehead are looking a little less, well, bumpy.



I've been using the Clarisonic twice a day - once in the morning, before I moisturise and apply makeup, with a creamy cleanser, and once in the evening, after my oil cleanse, with the same creamy cleanser.  The initial surprise I felt at the non-scrubby, non-harsh feeling of the Clarisonic is still there, and I have caught myself pressing it into my skin a few times, which I'm trying very hard not to do.  Sometimes no pain, no gain is just not true.

In the next week, I'm hoping that the spots will heal and go away and that I'll start to see some more clarity, and I'd like to become a little less blotchy around my cheekbones.  Next update will be in another week's time!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: The Clarisonic Diaries: One Week In