Strike One!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I am taking off from work today around 3:00 so that M and I can make the drive back to North Carolina for another busy weekend! I made sure to ask off work tomorrow so that I could have my bridal portraits taken (as well as those few extra engagement shots). It looks like the weather is going to be perfect (slightly cloudy and temps in the high 60's)– I am so excited to have this little practice run – hair, makeup, bouquet, dress, veil, jewelry – It makes me really, really excited just thinking about putting everything on and being all “done-up”!! After all of the pictures we’ll go out for a nice dinner and then get ready for a night out at an event for M.’s Law School. It will be a nice chance to get dressed up (I guess I’ll be dressed up pretty much all day!) and mingle with many of M.’s great friends and their girlfriends/fiancĂ©es/and wives.

Saturday we have another exciting wedding event – our reception tasting!! I can’t wait to try the delicious menu that my mom and dad selected while meeting with the event coordinator at our reception site. Not only will it be fun to do the tasting (considering I have been on super diet/exercise mode for the wedding), but it will also be really nice to be able to try everything we will be serving just in case anything needs to be tweaked – I doubt it will though, I’ve eaten food prepared by this chef before and everything has been SO delicious!

Last night we went to the National's Game -- it was really fun!! Even though I am not a big baseball fan I do love sitting in the stadium (especially when it is super nice outside like it was yesterday), relaxing, and enjoying some "park" food. I veered off of my "diet" at the game by eating a BBQ sandwhich and potato salad -- because I have been eating SO SUPER healthy lately -- it was literally the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. I even took a photo (yes, I take pictures of my food) because I was so excited. M.'s sandwhich was almost gone by the time I snapped this!

The game was a bit of a disaster. The National's just don't seem to have it all together -- and considering they were playing the Phillies, the best team in the league -- it just wasn't pretty. My favorite part of the game was watching the "Presidential Race". Those big-headed Presidents are too funny!! I also made sure to have M. snap a picture with me and one of the statues of the "Presidents" before leaving the game. We'll definitely attend more games as the season goes on -- it's just so nice getting out and enjoying the great weather! :)
I've got a lot of work to finish before leaving today so I am off! I’m excited to have a few more wedding tasks accomplished this weekend and to spend time with my family and M.! Also, it’s my friend Laurie’s birthday tomorrow, so I hope she has a FABULOUS day!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Strike One!