Easter Weekend 2010

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
It was bright and sunny all weekend here in DC – we were outside as much as possible! Since my boss let me out early on Friday M. and I decided to walk to see the Cherry Blossoms before the HUGE crowds took over. There was still a pretty big crowd, but nothing like when we visited the pretty blooms last year! We snapped a few pictures and then made the walk back home.

M.’s groomsmen and his wife decided to go out to eat with us that night and we visited a relaxed, southern-inspired restaurant for a quick bite. It was a great dinner full of laughs and talks of law school and sports. After dinner we decided to walk down by the water and grab some ice cream. It was a little bit chilly that night, but still nice enough to spend time outside!

Saturday we did a little shopping. We went to the outdoor shopping area so that we could spend as much time outside as possible. I picked up a pink grapefruit diffuser from Williams Sonoma with a gift card I had from my birthday. It’s a fresh, spring scent that I absolutely love! When we arrived home in the late afternoon we decided to relax on the couch and watch the horse races on TV. I re-read an old Martha Stewart Wedding’s and was actually pretty tired from walking around all afternoon, but when our guests arrived home from another busy day touring DC we headed off to dinner at one of our new favorite restaurants in the area. Dinner was delicious and when we came home we watched a little basketball and fell asleep soon after.

Sunday morning we celebrated Easter! In the afternoon we took a long walk (about a 3 hour long walk) stopped for a nice lunch and then picked up a delicious cupcake at Georgetown Cupcake. The line was (as usual) around the corner, but we waited it out and were not disappointed. I enjoyed the Key Lime (honestly, I think it’s one of their best flavors) and M. enjoyed a rich, Chocolate 2 (chocolate cupcake with fudgy chocolate icing!). We really enjoyed our Easter weekend! I hope yours was just as nice!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Easter Weekend 2010