Being Left Handed

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Did any of you know that I am left handed?! It’s true, I am. Many people have told me that “left handers” tend to be more creative. I don’t know whether or not this is true, but being that I consider myself a very creative person, I like to believe it is.

What I also tend to believe comes along with my creative-left-handedness (again, I may be making this up, but it’s the way I see it) is the fact that I am constantly thinking of new ideas for projects, things I want to accomplish, places I want to see…it’s a never ending list, really.


Unfortunately I also tend to be a bit of a procrastinator.
I’ll come up with these amazing lists of things that I want to do and somehow it takes me ages to actually get any of it done (at least most of the time), but in the process of looking at my lists I’ll come up with more and more projects or items to add to that list.

Sometimes this “personality” trait drives me absolutely mad. So this morning while I was getting ready (and still adding things to my to-do list) I decided that it’s time to make a change. It’s time for me to start putting these plans into action and rather than talk about them or think about all of the things that I could/want to do, I need to really DO them!

So mark my words people – today is the day I stop adding and adding to my list of to-do’s and instead I'll start checking off all of these glorious ideas/projects/plans. **I felt like photos of Princess Grace would be most inspiring on a day like today! :) And just FYI, Grace Kelly was right handed!**

In other news, I had THIS plan from last week and yesterday was my first go at it. It’s a very interesting thing this high protein “diet” as they say. I wanted to challenge myself and try this plan for a week at least to see if (1.) I could actually do it, and (2.) Have a sort of “cleanse” from all of the sugary sweets I have been craving lately. Considering I wasn’t really eating all that much in terms of “bread” or processed food in the first place, this plan has already proven to be somewhat difficult for me! No fruit?! Little dairy?! VERY little sugar?! Hmm…maybe I should rethink this idea?!

So yesterday before leaving for work I packed my lunch and instead of my usual apple and other tid-bits, I packed a salad. Raw spinach, orange and red peppers, half an avocado, and a VERY small sprinkling of craisins (I needed SOMETHING sweet!), but no dressing (the only downside). My work hours were actually fine. I’m used to eating “small” lunches anyway, so I didn’t get hungry or even really mind eating the salad. The trouble came when I got home from work.

I did my evening workout and then it came time to prepare dinner. M. had put chicken out and so we were going to have a quick meal we sometimes prepare with tomatoes and shredded chicken. Unfortunately it didn’t turn out AT ALL like we normally make it and we were both kind of miserable. Instead of caving in (on the first night!) we pulled together something else to eat…breakfast for dinner, but no fluffy pancakes or French toast. Instead we had bacon (Yep, you can eat lots of bacon on the high protein plan! Sounds crazy, right!?) and I made an egg scramble with one whole egg, two egg whites, orange and red peppers, and a little bit of pepper jack cheese.

Overall – I was cranky. Nothing really tasted all that good, but I wasn’t going to give up on the first night! I’m obviously not following the plan STRICTLY because I don’t think you’re supposed to eat cheese, but since I’m not trying for major weight loss or anything, I felt like it was OK. I also treated myself to dessert – one small spoon of peanut butter. Peanut butter has never tasted so delicious.

So here I am on day two. I’ve packed my lunch again – this time I’ll be enjoying cut up celery and peppers and for tonight’s dinner I plan on making a much more tasty meal than the first time around. M. is going to rotisserie (that's a verb...correct?) a chicken and I am going to either make a stir fry of vegetables with delicious seasonings or roast some of those veggies in the oven. Have any of you ever tried to stick to the high protein plan?! (Notice how I don't like to call it a diet since I've never been a fan of "dieting").

Until tomorrow! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Being Left Handed