A Special Surprise

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
My sweet fiancée (I only have 3 months and 9 days left to call him that) surprised me yesterday!! It was the anniversary of when he first asked me to be his girlfriend and he had a whole spread waiting for me when I arrived home from work. When I walked in the door I saw this…the counter top prepped for cooking a special meal together and a beautiful bouquet of colorful flowers!!

When we visit the Cheesecake factory for our fix of overstuffed plates of food and completely unhealthy meals (well, at least my meal is usually the furthest thing from healthy) M. always orders the Chicken Madeira. Well I found a “copycat” recipe of the Factory’s dish and I have meant to try it out for some time now. M. went to the store and picked up all of the ingredients and had everything ready to go!! Sweet, huh?!

So we cooked everything up and it was definitely delicious! If you Google “Copycat Recipe Chicken Madeira” you’ll definitely be able to find all of the information for how to make it. The only problem I had was that the sauce wasn’t as flavorful as I would like…it seemed like it needed more seasoning – garlic, or something to give it a little kick. Other than that it was a great meal with my favorite guy.

Oh, and my favorite part…. The note he wrote me said "Let's eat like we're at the Cheesecake Factory; except WE'RE cooking!" He also had written out our little "menu" listed like this: 1. Chicken Madeira, 2. Mashed Potatoes, 3. 150 Cali. Dessert. This little phrase "150 Cali. Dessert" made me smile...We’re both trying to eat super healthy in preparation for our wedding and it was just too sweet that he added this – he actually bought those little Betty Crocker “Warm Delights” Chocolate Molten Cakes (which are actually pretty delicious if you need a fix of chocolate and only 150 calories), but we were too full from the dinner to actually eat dessert!

I am so lucky to have him in my life! :) :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: A Special Surprise