Review: Kevin Murphy's Luxury Hair Care for Thick Coarse Hair

Posted by follow me On 0 comments



Despite Kevin Murphy's credentials: a stylist for Vogue, Harper's Bazaar... and the exclusive hair care for Melbourne Fashion Week,  I had never heard of this Australian brand before. So when, a few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to try Kevin Murphy's hair care products at the Blonde salon's event in Toronto, I decided to give it a go. First of all, these products are paraben and sulphate free - which is good - but I was particularly interested in the Luxury line since it is especially designed for thick, coarse hair. And God knows, if my hair was any thicker, I would probably be a horse!
Anyway, the stylist from Blonde first used the maxi.wash shampoo ($25) to remove all the crap hair product residues from my hair, followed by the luxury.rinse conditioner and my hair was so smooth that I made Lisamarie caress touch it (and she liked it).

This time, I tried the smoothing shampoo (luxury.wash, 250ml, $25) which contains mango butter and Buriti nut oil (a source of vitamin A) as well as the restoring conditioner (luxury.rinse, 250ml, $25) which contains Kukui nut oil and Murumuru butter... again I had never heard of these nuts before (testing beauty products can be educational, apparently) but the scent is gorgeous without being overpowering and I have to admit the results are great. My hair feels clean, soft, and most of all combined with the phyto defrisant - once flat-ironed, my hair stays smooth and frizz-free for days!

The downside? $25 is not exactly cheap... but if you've got thick, frizzy hair, you should give this luxury duo a try!


The Blonde salon carries Kevin Murphy products amongst others and is located at: 82 Power Street, Toronto, ON, M5A 3A7 - Tel: 416-361-3131.

 -Christelle-

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Review: Kevin Murphy's Luxury Hair Care for Thick Coarse Hair