I Can Still Smile

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Phew. Well after that uplifting post from last night :), I must say, I am feeling much better this morning. Thank you for your encouraging comments. Sometimes you've just gotta get stuff off your chest...you know, it's like writing a letter to someone and then not sending it...it's kind of like therapy writing on my blog.

There are so many things to smile about, that I can keep my head up and just put all of those negative things behind me. Things that I am smiling about today? Hopping out of bed this morning and running a quick and easy four miles. OK, so I didn't actually "hop" out of bed, but having the hubby switch on the lights for me is a quick way to awake from my glorious slumber...and OK, so really, I don't even consider running to be "easy", but hey, it was a shorter distance than I'll be pushing through in about 16 days...oh, hey first half marathon on the horizon!

Something else making me smile today? Pretzel M&M's. No, it's not a super healthy snack, but I got to snack on some leftovers yesterday and I've gotta say, they are my new favorite treat. I tired them when they first came out and wasn't overly impressed (I think I was expecting a gourmet treat or something!), but after trying them again after that initial taste test...they are SUPER delicious. Yum!

After all of the stuff that went down yesterday, I came home from a busy day (I had an event to set up) and was surprised and excited to see that I had a package downstairs in the mail-room of our building. Getting things in the mail is just too fun. I hurried down to the mail-room before it closed and picked up the piece-du-resistance - a brand new J. Crew coat that I ordered the other day while they were offering free shipping and 25% off full priced items. I really already have quite the collection of winter coats including...classic black J.Crew, the classic trench coat, a chartreuse green J.Crew "lady-day" coat from a couple of Christmases ago, pink wool coat purchased in Scotland, my absolute favorite brown J.Crew coat from Christmas about 6 years ago, a "rustic" gold short swing coat...I could go on, but I won't! :)

So I ended up buying a new color for me...it's not quite a cobalt blue...it's a little more Navy, although the site image doesn't really do the color justice at all - in fact, it looks completely different! I tried it on and LOVE the color, but I'm thinking I actually may need a smaller size. I love J.Crew coats because I can order things in "Tall" sizing, and because of my broad shoulders I always tend to lean towards the 8, but I'm thinking it's a little too baggy and my exchange it for the 6. For me I always need to factor in the shoulder space, sleeve length and then of course making sure I have enough room to wear it with my "winter" clothing items like thicker cable knit sweaters, etc. Buying a new coat makes the cold weather that is no doubt on its way a little bit sweeter. Of course, I may not stop at only ONE new coat....:)

What are you smiling about today?

0 comments:

Post a comment on: I Can Still Smile