Perfectly, Perfect Pizza

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I would like to take a brief vacation from recapping the wedding events to bring you the most perfectly, perfect pizza ever. Alright, maybe “perfect pizza ever” is a bit of an exaggeration, but I like to think that it’s pretty perfect.

You see, I told M. many, many months ago (and have probably mentioned it on the blog before) that I want to be able to make around 12 key meals really, really well. Why you ask!? When I was growing up my mother always had her “go-to” meals to make on the weeknights and I need to have a similar rotation set in place by the time I am a mother. Lucky for M. and my future children I have a very long time to master these said meals…or maybe not so lucky for M., but still, future children, it’s lookin’ good for you.

Since moving in together I have tried my hand at many different recipes and I have mastered a few – most notably my very own mothers version of meat lasagna (one of M.’s favorites). A few months before we got hitched I tried out a recipe for homemade pizza. I was of course worried at first considering pizza dough is one of those things that needs the right consistency. But alas, I survived the dough making experience and I’m not trying to brag or anything (wait, yes I am), but we enjoyed homemade pizza once (sometimes twice) a week for about three weeks after I learned how to make the delicious dough. Unfortunately M. and I were hit in the face with reality after those three amazing weeks…the reality of the “stay-trim-and-fit-before-your-wedding” kind.

While we’re actually quite happy with our “trim-and-fit” selves (all thanks to the wedding!) we decided to bring the homemade pizza back…at least for just a night. So on Tuesday night I gathered all of the ingredients and dumped them into my lovely Kitchen Aid mixer (an item I was lacking in my pre-wedding pizza making), whipped up the dough and popped it into the refidgerator where it remained until that exciting moment last night when it was ah-time to-ah make-ah dah pizz-ah (pretty sure this is the appropriate way to say this when you are so excited about a meal you start putting on fake Italian accents).

M. and I kneaded the dough and topped it with our ingredients (note, the dough I made is enough for two pizzas)…My choice: Half heirloom tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil, half BBQ Chicken with red onion, fresh mozzarella and cilantro. M.’s choice: Fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, and bacon! We threw (well, not literally) the pies into the oven and a short (alright, let’s be honest it seemed like FOREVER) 15 minutes later we had perfectly, perfect pizza!! Look at those ridiculous toppings, and by ridiculous, I mean ridiculously delicious. **While I usually just make the tomato, basil and mozzarella version of this pizza, I must admitt that the BBQ was SO delicious....actually it ROCKED!**

Are you wondering how I’ve mastered the art of homemade pizza making?! All of my thanks go to the amazingness that is the Pioneer Woman. What is that you say?! You’ve never heard of the Pioneer Woman?! Have you been living under a rock? If you’re not aware of the Pioneer Woman (then you really may just be living under a rock…I kid) then you must go check out her wonderful website/blog. She posts delicious recipes and offers amazing giveaways. In addition to the brand-spankin-new cookbooks I was gifted at my bridal shower/wedding her site is my go-to place for fun, delicious and unique recipes!

As if it even needs to be said, this homemade pizza has been added to my “key” meals for the future. Now what are you waiting for…go check out Pioneer Woman’s amazing recipes for yourself! :)

**You can see in the first photo that the pizza's were resting for a moment before I topped them with their appropriate greens, which in this case were cilantro on one and basil on the other. While I like adding a little basil under the tomatos and mozzarella, it's much better when you put them on at the last minute so they taste crisp! And no, that mini pizza in the first photo wasn't all that M. was alotted...he had another pie on a separate pan!**

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Perfectly, Perfect Pizza