Makeup Mixed Bag

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Mom, you may want to avert your eyes from this post...and hubby, you too...well, M., you already know my bad habits so read on if you'd like, and actually, mom you know me well too so this post isn't going to surprise you one bit.

This weekend was HOT. Aside from taking a couple of walks (one through the financial district to grab some DELICIOUS pizza and one through Greenwich Village, and then of course, walking the pup)we decided that the majority of our weekend would be spent indoors. It was just muggy and gross outside and for once, I actually didn't mind the chilly AC blasting in our apartment.

Friday evening one of my friends (and her boyfriend) from college stayed with us since they were going to be in town for the weekend. We went out to dinner and at one point my friend and I had a conversation about getting rid of excess "stuff" in our apartments. She told me a story of how she took all of her "free samples" from the makeup free gifts and sold them on ebay for a ridiculous amount of money.

Now, I'm not really interested in selling all of my un-used makeup, BUT it did inspire me to take a look at my own "collection" of makeup items that have never been used or are so old they should have been thrown out 5 years ago.

So since we were stuck inside anyway, I figured there was no better time to clean up my mess than now, so I grabbed all of the makeup bags, boxes, etc. that contained every piece of makeup in my apartment, dumped them onto the kitchen counter and got to sorting. WOW. I couldn't believe all of the stuff that I had, especially considering I don't really wear that much makeup anyway! Even now looking at this picture totally shocks me. How can one person accumulate so much junk?

Once I sorted everything into categories, I decided that I should put together a bag of unused items for my favorite gal cousin, K. She'll be visiting this weekend and whatever she doesn't want is simply being thrown out. I threw away SO MANY things that were old, broken, almost used up, and of course things that I can't ever see myself wearing ever again. Oh hey, remember that time that my mom bought me a GIANT compact of eye-shadows that I just HAD TO HAVE from Bloomingdales on a girls trip to NYC probably 8 years ago? Oh yeah, definitely still had that thing. I never did get around to actually wearing the GREEN shade or that beautiful RED eyeshadow. Sorry, mom for not using this "palette" to it's potential, but at least you never had a daughter who walked around looking like a drag queen. :)

The end result or this impromptu organizing session? Clean and organized makeup bags (holding only the things I ACTUALLY use) and A LOT less "stuff" junking up my storage space.

Now what can I organize next?

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Makeup Mixed Bag