Two-Review Tuesday

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Good morning everyone! Today I have two quick reviews for you on products that are COMPLETELY unrelated, but still WONDERFUL!

First up – I’ve spilled the beans regarding my issues with my skin lately and I mentioned that I ordered the Neutrogena Skin ID system. It’s been about a month now since I’ve been using this system and let me tell you – it’s AMAZING (and no, my plan is not the same as the lovely Hayden's). I still have breakouts here and there, but overall, my skin has completely changed for the better and I am SO HAPPY that I decided to purchase this product. Of course, the reviews I have read written by other people show that not everyone loves the Skin ID plan, but for my skin type, the system is perfect. AND I only use the products in the evening rather than twice a day. I find with any skincare system I’ve used my skin dries out really easily, so cutting back to using the treatments only once a day and then using a mild cleanser (I use THIS ONE) in the morning and a creamy moisturizer (lately I’ve been using THIS ONE) has helped me give my skin great balance.

My second review today isn’t really a review I suppose, but rather some exciting news in fitness over here at our house. My awesome brother sent me the most amazing present all the way from China! What could it be you ask?! Well folks…I’m sure you’ve seen the ridiculous infomercials and thought to yourself “those people are CRAZY,” but he gifted me the P90X fitness system (which I'll simply refer to on the blog as X System)! If you haven’t seen this fitness phenomenon on TV before then you need to Google it this instant and check out the crazies who have mastered this workout system.

First of all, a HUGE thank you to my brother, E!! I was BEYOND excited to open up the package to find the scary black DVD set staring back at me!! I’ve been wondering about this at home workout plan for a while and always wanted to see what the hype was all about. Now thanks to my awesome brother, I can find out for myself! Thank you, thank you, thank you, E.!!

So I convinced the husband to try this plan out with me and we started last night! I popped in the DVD and we tackled the chest and back workout. Luckily, everything on this plan is perfectly spelled out for you and you follow the plan doing a different video (workout) each day. Since I am still a big fan of the Jillian Michaels workout DVD we are actually going to alternate days doing the X System workout and the Jillian DVD. The main reason we’re going to do this is the time factor. The X System DVD’s typically run around an hour each and with a pup that needs to have a walk each evening and a husband who has a longer commute than me, and then there is that little thing called DINNER, some of the nights we are going to appreciate the speediness of the Jillian workout and sweat it out with her rather than "Tony" over in X System land. BUT we’re still going to follow the X System plan as far as which DVD goes after which. In any event, by doing this “alternating nights” plan, we’ll be officially finished with our “90 days” in November! (Doesn’t it seem crazy that by alternating days it’s going to take us all the way into NOVEMBER?!)

Either way, I’m DEFINITELY interested to see how much I’ll be able to increase my fitness level. If the people in the video are any indication….I’m going to be able to seriously increase my strength!

If any of you have any questions about either of these products, please feel free to leave me a comment with your email address and I'll be happy to answer them! :)

In other news, I've been busy figuring out my decorating plans for our apartment so stay tuned for a reveal of my outrageously disconnected inspiration board! Hey, it's hard when you like pretty much EVERY beautiful home that you see no matter HOW different they are!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Two-Review Tuesday