Weekend With Mom & Mini

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
After quite a stressful day at work on Friday, I enjoyed a very relaxing and fun weekend with my mom and sister. On Friday my mom arrived early and took me for a quick lunch at an adorable bakery down the street from my office. We enjoyed a delicious piece of quiche and an amazing chocolate cupcake. After lucnh we made a quick shopping detour to an adorable boutique across the street. My mom tried on some really cute dresses/shoes as possibilities for our rehearsal dinner, but she ended up waiting on them knowing that we’d be shopping all day Saturday.

Friday evening we had reservations at one of our favorite restaurants and enjoyed a really nice meal together (with M. too!). My sister was out with some friends from school so we missed her on Friday night. We chatted about all things wedding and got some plans out of the way.

Saturday morning I met up with my mom and sister around 11 am for our big shopping day. Even though M. and I had already registered together we decided to spend some of the day on Saturday registering for a few more fun things. I had my mom and sister document some of it since I forgot to the first time around with M. One of my favorite places we’ve registered is Sur la Table…if you have one and need to register definitely do it! They have EVERYTHING and it is a lot less expensive than the other stores we registered with (such as Williams Sonoma and Macy’s). My favorite part of registering at Sur la Table was the baking section and the “gadget” section. There are so many fun cooking tools!!!

After spending about two hours finishing up our registries, we stopped by a bridal trunk show that was actually taking place at an upscale boutique in the mall and tried out some delicious cake from a local baker who was showcased! Even though we’re not getting married in DC I was excited to try out some cake (we’re planning for our cake tasting in the next couple of weeks) and let me tell you – it was delicious! It was the perfect pick me up in the early afternoon before we started trying on dress after dress for the rehearsal dinner. Our first stop was Neiman Marcus where we all shared a fitting room and tried on many fun frocks! We loved a few, but wanted to still try out Saks before making our final decisions. We seriously hit the jackpot at Saks – my mom found a GORGEOUS blue dress for the rehearsal and I ordered my rehearsal/rehearsal dinner dress too (I had seen it online originally, and it’s on Pre-Order so it isn’t in the store yet -- I’ll share tomorrow!!!)!!!

While we were waiting for my mom to make her purchase my younger sister found a FABULOUS red “Audrey Hepburn-esque” dress on the rack. It was a size two and even though I figured it wouldn’t fit I tried it on anyway – IT FIT and I was IN LOVE! I tried it on again for my mom and she agreed we had to get it! I’ve decided to wear that number for my bridal luncheon (given by a fabulous family friend) the day before the wedding! Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the dress, but believe me, it's super cute! Buying those two dresses made me even MORE excited for our wedding weekend!!!

After spending the entire day shopping we headed back to our apartment to meet up with M. and head off to dinner. We decided on Good Stuff Eatery owned by Top Chef Contestant Spike – a delicious burger and shake joint! We stuffed ourselves with yummy burgers and toasted marshmallow shakes and then called it a night.

My sister had to leave early the next morning and after a little more “wedding talk” my mom took off too. M. and I went to Target and the grocery store where we picked up our food for the week. I decided to try out a recipe from the fabulous Smitten Kitchen blog, (it’s linked to the right if you want to check it out!) Monkey Bread, which if you haven’t ever had before you must make! It’s almost like eating bite sized cinnamon rolls! I thought for the first time making it, mine turned out really well -- it was quite delicious!

We relaxed the rest of the evening and I had to go into work early today to finish up the project I was stressing about Friday afternoon. I literally worked ALL day on this project – non stop, didn’t even have time to go for my lunchtime run – but it’s finally done now! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! Tonight is The Bachelor finale and I am DEFINITELY tuning in! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Weekend With Mom & Mini