Chopped

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I believe that it is officially time people….time for me to get a haircut. As I so gently like to say…”it looks like I have drapes on my head.” My hair is out of control, too long for this gal and it’s time for a cut. While I love my long locks (when they are more neatly trimmed) I am feeling like maybe it’s time to go a bit shorter. Problem is, I always tend to get SUPER nervous about cutting my hair short (even though I’ve had it short before). I think about all of the things I can do with my hair now and worry that I’ll be sad if I cut it all off. Truth is though, for the most part, my hair is up in a pony-tail or bun anyway…I rarely wear my hair down and short hair would force me to style my hair and wear it down. I want the new look, but then again I’m afraid of the change….story of my life, huh!?

So while I haven’t booked an appointment yet, I’ve been looking at some short/er hair inspiration to remind me why short hair can be great too. For example, the gorgeous (and my favorite) Grace Kelly sported shorter locks…and she always looked beautiful! I’ve also ALWAYS loved Cameron Diaz and she looked fabulous during her short hair days….although it’s going to take me a little while to get her amazing arms! What about Reese Witherspoon – she’s always looking fabulous and this photo of her with super short hair is just so pretty…she’s also sported the slightly longer-short hair style which was oh-so polished. A little longer look, but still shorter than what I am sporting now, I love this asymmetrical hair-do on Mary Kate…or is it Ashley…either way, fabulous hair.

One thing I know that I can’t handle – BANGS. One time in high school (while I was still booking modeling jobs and no I’m not saying that to brag, but it goes along with my bangs story, duh!) I had to update my comp card which meant that I needed to have new pictures taken. I spent the day with my favorite photographer (the one that had photographed me for my first comp card shots - he took BEAUTIFUL photos). Even more fun than the photographer was the AMAZING makeup artist/hair stylist that always traveled with him – Anthony. He was hilarious and the way he did makeup was so beautiful. Coincidentally, Anthony was also the hairstylist for the shoot.

While getting all primped for the shoot I told Anthony that I was obsessed with Mischa Barton’s bangs (the way she wore them in the show The OC – I was still in high school!) and my "agents" were always trying to get me to go a little edgier. I mean, when I first joined this agency the immediately sent me to the salon to cut my hair short. Anthony jumped on the opportunity to cut my hair and minutes later I was no longer the girl with the fresh face and the classic hair cut…I was the girl with the terrible bangs. Anthony of course did an AMAZING job cutting the bangs and also an amazing job styling my hair for the shoot, but let me tell you….it’s absolutely true that the hairstyles you see in the magazines are often SO styled and SO primped that you would never be able to get the same look for your everyday hair-wear. I tried to make them work, but honestly, I looked terrible. Bangs are NOT a good look on me…at least not those type of bangs.

Like all haircuts, my hair grew back out and I am still alive to talk about it today…so what’s the big deal with cutting my hair short again?!

We’ll see if I actually take the plunge….

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Chopped