Creative Quilting: Project Complete!!!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Do any of you remember THIS POST from back in April?! Well I finally finished that quilting project (actually, I finished it a while ago, but I just got around to uploading a few pictures for you bloggy friends!)!!!

I was excited to take all of my sorority event t-shirts, letter shirts, college event shirts, internship shirts, etc. & put them all into a beautiful & colorful quilt (perfect for this up & coming chilly months too!)

So my mom & I worked on the quilt together because, let's be honest, I am no wiz at a sewing machine. We cut, sewed, & ironed until this beauty appeared...it was definitely a team effort & a fun project that I got to work on with my mom. It also brought up many memories of fun times with my favorite girlfriends & special college events.

One of my favorite details -- my mom added these adorable gold hearts knotted to skinny satin ribbon to one of the squares. I also love how we took my "Everyone Loves an Alpha Xi" t-shirt & cut the saying into a heart. I met best friends because of that sorority & they will always have such a special place in MY heart!!

Finally, I like to show off my pretty pink letter shirt that my mom actually made for me after my sophomore year of college. I love the paisley print on the pale pink tee.

How do you think it turned out?!?!

This has certainly been a little walk down memory lane...I miss my friends -- Ashley, Lindsay, Jenny, Summer, Laurie, Alex, Jaime...there are far too many to name, but I miss you all! :)

I hope that everyone had a fabulous Tuesday...one day closer to Thanksgiving!!!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Creative Quilting: Project Complete!!!