New Year, New Makeup Storage

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Well, I might be a little bit early with the New Years resolution, but this is something I've been meaning to do for a long while now. I'm slightly embarrassed to be posting the photo on the left; let me introduce you to my dressing table. Or rather, table covered with crap, as it's probably better described.

In all honesty, I have a lot of product. Lots of makeup, lots of skincare, lots of nail polish, and only one tiny wooden drawer unit, which I spray painted blue and silver (I thought it would look much classier, and less primary school, than it turned out). This afternoon I used up a little of my Christmas time off in reorganising my stash.

To the right, you can see what my dressing table looks like now. I've replaced the wooden unit (which was from Ikea, and cost about £7) with four stacked drawer units from Muji - three two-drawer units designed for MiniDiscs (does anyone still own an MD player?!) and one deep single-drawer unit designed for DVDs. The two-drawer units come with dividers inside so you can section off the drawers for similar sized products.

Both types cost £14.95 each - not cheap, but given the value of the product I'd previously been "storing" haphazardly across my dressing table, a worthwhile investment.

I'm keeping all my skincare and regular perfumes in the bottom DVD drawer. My nail polish collection has been pared down a bit and has it's own drawer, as do my eye and lipliners. Face products have a drawer, as do highlighters and blushers, lip products and eyeshadows.

I'm hoping that as well as looking much, much better, this reorganisation will encourage me to use a wider range of makeup, instead of what I can immediately see in my day-to-day makeup bag, or on the dressing table surface.

Plus, it'll stop my husband grumbling about the mess, which is worth the money on its own!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: New Year, New Makeup Storage