Only 5 More Days Until Santa!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
What a fun weekend - - and a packed busy weekend at that!

Work on Friday was pretty low key which was amazing and by the end of the day we had some special surprises of bottles of wine and delicious cheese, nut, and fruit plates delivered to our “sections”. We definitely started the weekend off right! Today as I rounded the corner in our office there was a HUGE chocolate basket (no joke, 75 different boxes of chocolates) for everyone to share....seriously not good for my figure! :) I limited myself to one piece of chocolate toffee.

When I got home Friday evening dinner was already done (in the crock pot) for M.’s arrival. I tried crock pot lasagna (because I didn’t feel up to making actual lasagna) which turned out pretty good, but I’m still a fan of the lengthy process of making homemade sauce, and putting the lasagna together in a baking dish. I spent the evening (waiting for M.) finishing up our Christmas cards and getting everything ready to be put in the mail. **I promise I’ll show you our finished product in a few days!** M. arrived late Friday evening, around 11pm and we ate dinner together, hung out on the couch a little bit and then were off to bed!

Saturday we definitely had an agenda of finishing up our Christmas shopping and for the most part we got everything done! I can’t wait to give the gifts that we picked out this year – I think we found some really great things! Luckily I also had an eye appointment on Saturday since I was in desperate need of new contacts…I have a new pair in my eyes now and the rest are currently being shipped to my parents house in NC…let’s hope they get there in all of the holiday madness! Saturday evening we enjoyed a leisurely dinner together and then made our way to Rockefeller Center where we viewed the gorgeous tree and also the really fun “Snowflake and Bubble” show on the side of Saks. I loved it – very creative and such a neat concept. MAJOR FAIL THOUGH – I forgot to upload the pictures for all of you to see….another day (not like you all haven't seen the tree on TV at least once this holiday season!)!? I do have this one phone image from M....I guess it will have to do!

M. and I both had the French toast and it was really delicious. More fun though was getting to catch up with Summer and her awesome guy, also an M.! The rest of our afternoon was spent getting things straightened up in the apartment so that I’ll be ready to go Sunday we met one of my friends, Summer for a lovely brunch at Chelsea market.EARLY, EARLY, EARLY on Wednesday morning…like leaving my apartment at 4 in the morning early for my flight home to NC. Even though it will be an early wake-up call it will be nice to have the entire day at home instead of feeling like it’s a full day wasted on travel. Also I’m hoping that the super early flight will mean less of a chance of a delay…fingers crossed!

Tonight I am going to finish up all of my packing. I sent a bag home with M. (he’ll be driving from DC to NC) that contains most of the “liquids” I need that wouldn’t have been able to pass on the plane and then a few other bulkier clothing items. I’m going to pack as lightly as possible…but then again, you know how that goes with every girl! :)

Until tomorrow... :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Only 5 More Days Until Santa!