Engagement Party: The Menu

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I am so excited for the cocktail engagement party that my mom & dad are hosting for M. & me on January 16th. My mom & dad wanted to throw us this party so that we could officially "kick-off" our wedding year in style and I couldn't be more thankful for their generosity -- throughout this whole process really -- my parents have been so giving & thoughtful.

The guest list is being finalized & my mom has been working hard on the invitations. I already shared with you the dress that I will be wearing, but I figured I would share with you the fabulous menu my mother put together with our caterer.

The caterer that we are using is actually a really charming chef in town who puts on fabulous parties -- in fact, he actually cooks in your home kitchen & often times cooks during the party so that it's a fun & interactive experience for your guests & it keeps the food SUPER fresh!

My mom wanted to create a "hearty" winter menu so that people feel like they're not just eating little snacks here & there, but that they are getting miniature meals. So here it is....

  • Lime Crab Salad in Wonton Cups
  • Shrimp & Grits
  • Sesame Tuna with Citrus Wasabi Sauce on Cucumber
  • Italian Marinated Chicken Skewers with Tomato Basil Sauce
  • Beef Tenderloin with Garlic Rosemary Crust, Buttermilk Rolls, & Horseradish Sauce
  • Cheese Tray with Manchego, Marcona Almonds, Honey, Aged Cheddar, Fig Jam, & Assorted Crackers
  • Baby Potatoes stuffed with Pancetta & Gruyere
  • Asparagus Tips wrapped in Herbed Crepes with Bearnaise Dipping Sauce
  • Ciabatta Break with Olive Oil & Parmesan for Dipping, and Za'atar
And of course we cannot forget the sweets...

  • Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Glaze and Raspberries in Shot Glasses
  • My mom is going to provide a fabulous cake from one of our local bakers

Doesn't that all sounds so delicious?! I am SO excited to officially start our wedding year surrounded by the people that we love! :)

**Photo Credit: Kate Spade **

I hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!


0 comments:

Post a comment on: Engagement Party: The Menu