Another Monday

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Monday, Monday everyone! Ready for yet another work week!? Let’s be honest, it’s super hard to go back to work after the Thanksgiving holiday, but at least Christmas is just around the corner! Speaking of Christmas, M. and I still need to figure out our Christmas plans....hmmmm?!?!?!

After my sister left NYC on Friday morning M. and I spent the rest of the weekend in relaxation (to the max) mode. On Saturday we slept in (for the first time in a while) although we only made it until about 8:30am…I feel like it’s happening…you know, getting to the point where 8:30am means “sleeping in”. It’s sad really, and I’m hoping we’ll have another morning of sleeping until at least 10:00 am somewhere in our future! Either way, we woke up and lounged around the apartment for a little while before bundling up and heading out to do some shopping! M. used a gift certificate he had to buy a pair of winter black boots (which he got at a GREAT price due to the fabulous after Thanksgiving sales) and I picked up a Christmas present for someone special in my life! One present down seven more to go! I’ve been so busy I haven’t even had a chance to really think about what I’ll be getting everyone – hopefully I’ll be able to figure it all out in the next week or so. We popped into all of the shops on Fifth Avenue and were absolutely stunned when we came across an $18,900 coat at one shop – seriously people?! $18,900 for a coat?! M. and I both found it sad that someone would even try and sell such a thing – sick.

Yesterday evening we stopped for a quick bite to eat at Schnipper’s Quality Kitchen on the side of the New York Times building (decent “fast” food) and then headed home to call it a night. I assembled a baked French toast casserole for this morning, popped it in the fridge to set and then we watched the rest of Gangs of New York on TV before flipping it to one of our favorite shows, Dogs 101 (a fun show that tells all about different breeds of dogs…yes, we’re dorks) and not too soon after I was completely out on the couch. M. woke me up and moved me to the bed where we both quickly slipped into a deep sleep – it was amazing.

This morning we actually made it a little longer…we slept until 9:00am, but I actually got up around 8:40am to take my French toast casserole out of the refrigerator and pre-heat the oven. 45 minutes later we were enjoying delicious French toast on the couch while watching Sunday Morning on CBS. We decided to take a walk through Greenwich Village this afternoon and ended up stopping at Chelsea Market for a very, very light lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging around together and not looking forward to the evening at all…. :(

How was your weekend?!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Another Monday