Styrofoam Balls & an Anniversary Dinner

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I hope that all of you had an absolutely fabulous weekend…I sure did! My boss let us out of the office early on Friday (around 3:00 pm) so I went home and put the final touches on the personalized guestbook that I am ordering for the wedding. My mom actually had a discount code for a personalized book producer (A and I Books) which looks VERY similar to Blurb books. I had a lot of fun putting the book together using pictures of M. and my many fun times together! The turnaround time is quick – only 7-8 business days so I am excited to receive it!

M. and I stayed in on Friday night and watched the movie The Lovely Bones. I knew it was going to be creepy, Stanley Tucci’s character was seriously so gross, but I thought the movie was OK. I actually didn’t really care for the ending.

On Saturday we ran a bunch of errands for last minute pieces for the wedding. I needed to stop by a crafting store and Crate & Barrel. M. is always very patient with me when I need to make trips to the “craft” store, but he absolutely hates going. It’s one of those places where upon entering he claims he “get’s a headache.” He also makes me laugh by the funny things he points out about crafting stores. For example, he always makes a comment on how craft stores are the perfect place to get Styrofoam balls….and of course there is a comment like, “why would anyone need so many different sizes of Styrofoam balls?!”. We came across the “Styrofoam” aisle and I had to take a few funny photos. I was absolutely dying laughing in the store as M. selected his favorites. **PS: Did you know that the word Styrofoam when typed in a Word document automatically capitalizes itself?! Now why the heck would that be?!**

We had a light lunch in anticipation of a special dinner we would be sharing together Saturday evening! It was the anniversary of when M. and I first started dating so we went out for a really nice dinner at Charlie Palmer, a steakhouse on Capitol Hill. **I told you there would be a few occasions where we were going to go out to eat, thus not breaking our “no eating out” rule leading up to the wedding!**

Everything was really delicious: I ordered a great salad, the scallops, and a hazelnut chocolate dessert. M. ordered a steak with a truffle baked potato (YUM!) and a trio of crème brulee for dessert. We ended up splitting the desserts (because let’s be honest, I really should have ordered the crème brulee!) which was perfect because we both had something light and chocolate! :) I snapped this blurry photo of the desserts....yes, I am that crazy person that takes pictures of my food.

Sunday we had another lazy day – we ran a few more errands around town and made a stop by Georgetown too. We’re really kicking in the working out and eating healthy routine now that the wedding is only six weeks away – where has the time gone?!?!

Have a fabulous Monday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Styrofoam Balls & an Anniversary Dinner