On The Menu: Thanksgiving 2010

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
What a day yesterday! Seriously – I don’t think that I sat down at my desk for more than two minutes. I was running around ALL day…my poor feet were aching by the end of the day, but M. and I had the evening to ourselves (C. was hanging out with a friend) so we went to explore Greenwich Village and pick up a light bite to eat. We ended up stopping at a little bar and had a great sandwich and soup (great price too!), we’ll definitely be visiting that spot again.

We walked around for a while admiring all of the holiday shop windows in the area. It's so fun being in the big city during the holidays -- and the weather this week, well, it has been SO warm for this time of year. Tomorrow the colder weather arrives just in time to REALLY get us in the holiday spirit.

So I'll be leaving the office today at 2, but not before enjoying the pizza and salad that the office is ordering from Patsy's for the people who ARE working today...our office is like a ghost land right now! Tonight I'll be prepping many things for our meal tomorrow so that it will be easy breezy...I hope...

We plan on going to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (I hope we can get a decent viewing spot!) early in the morning and then coming back and getting things going in the kitchen. With most everything prepped it shouldn't be too much of a pain tomorrow.

So without further ado, my very first ever Thanksgiving Day menu:

Appetizers will include homemade sweet potato chips with sweet onion dip and Parmesan and Gruyere beignets. Our main course will be turkey accompanied by sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, creamy macaroni and cheese, homemade rolls, green bean casserole and a little spinach salad if anyone feels like adding some green into the meal. For dessert we will enjoy homemade pumpkin and apple pie topped with delicious whipped cream and throughout our meal we'll be sipping champagne that we were gifted in our honeymoon suite the evening of our wedding!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving-Eve everyone and if you're going to be working in the kitchen tonight too, good luck! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: On The Menu: Thanksgiving 2010