Wedding Recap: Nails with my Maids…and Attendants too!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I am still waiting on my professional pictures to come in (I know my photographer has been SUPER busy shooting weddings and portrait sessions), so I figured I would continue to share the wedding events that we captured on our own cameras. Luckily my mom and Aunt Deb both captured photos at all of the events! Get ready though, because the real wedding photos will come soon enough! :)

My maids (and attendants) all left the bridal breakfast with me and we made our way over to the “nail bar” in town for a little pampering. Since the shoes I chose for my maids were very slight peep-toes (and my sister and cousin’s shoes were closed toe) I left the pedicures up to them and opted for us to have manicures instead.

The nail bar in my town is SO LOVELY. I will definitely be having all of my manicures done here (when I am in town of course)! What was really nice about it was the fact that we could all sit together and chat rather than being sectioned off at different tables. I haven't ever experienced this at any other spa or nail place, but I totally love the idea!

The women working that day were so kind and fun and made the whole experience that much more entertaining. When we arrived we were offered hot tea or water and a warm neck wrap (sooo nice!) to relax us even more!

I didn’t have a specific color or “style” in mind for my ladies and instead let them choose what they wanted – whether it was a French manicure or a color (well, I guess I did have a slight request to use some type of pink if choosing a color!). One of my maids, Summer (seen in the photos sitting next to me in the purple!), ended up choosing a fabulous shade of bright pink and while I would have loved to go that route for my wedding day I went with a little less WOW shade. My Aunts who stopped by a little while after we arrived (straight from the bridal breakfast!) helped me pick my pink (since I’m not a big fan of French manicures). I chose a pale almost petal pink which ended up coordinating perfectly with the pale pinks found in my bouquet.
All of the products they use at this nail bar are natural. I found that the products they used actually have made my nails healthier (maybe I’m just making it up, but I swear they feel stronger and they’re not chipping as much!) -- in fact, the nail polish I wore on my wedding day is still on my nails now with very few chips! They also had an amazing array of hand/cuticle scrubs to choose from including scents like Cucumber Mint and Pomegranate.

I was sad when we were all finished because I could’ve sat there and chatted all day, but we had other things to do that afternoon and there was no time to linger! We all packed into our cars once more to take a short break before the bridal luncheon (which I’ll recap tomorrow!).

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Wedding Recap: Nails with my Maids…and Attendants too!