Engagement Session - Round Two

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I know I told you ALL about my Bridal Portrait session and how perfect the day was – well, that same day after all of the bridal shots our photographer agreed to take a few extra shots of M. and me since the weather on our original engagement shoot date was extremely cloudy and slightly rainy.

I am SO happy with these extra pictures. It really is amazing what some sunlight can do – and now I am praying even more for good weather on the day of the wedding! M. arrived at our shoot location while we were still finishing up my portraits so he changed into his “outfit” and waited patiently while we finished. When we were all done I took down my hair from the portrait shoot, shook it out, and put on a little shorter dress.

First, we took a few pictures outside in the green, green grass. It had actually rained the night before the photo day, and although I was worried I would be walking around in my beautiful wedding gown in muddy grass (which actually didn't end up happening at all) the rain actually made all of the colors outside pop on the film!

Next we moved to a little stone bench where we made sure to take a few "sitting" shots. I love the lighting on these...it really highlighted our faces well. Posed pictures with another person can sometimes be hard so we were trying out best to talk and laugh without acting too goofy. We ended up with some great "smiling" shots.

For our last location we ended up inside of the estate. We found this awesome staircase and I absolutely love the way she shot this photo. Even though it isn't a close up of us, it's kind of magical the way she has us in the bottom with this winding staircase and awesome light fixture! Finally we took a few "posed" shots in these sort of gothic chairs on the side of one of the estate's fireplaces. Again, not close up (which is totally fine with me) but super cute! :)

When we first met with our photographer to discuss the different packages that she offered many, many months ago I remember being set on the fact that we would "purchase" the copyright release to all of our photos. I am so glad that I was so set on this. Our photographer is not only
amazing, but she has had a gallery up for our photos extremely quickly, she always sends us a few of her "favorite" shots from our different sessions beforehand, and after the gallery goes up she sends us a disk of all of the images. I love photos (hence why I document pretty much anything and everything with my camera) and I am thrilled that I have the ability to print any of our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits, and eventually our wedding photos whenever I want to without having to worry about going through a photo print site where you pay $1 a photo! If you're going to be getting married or even if you're not, it's something to think about. If you love photos as much as I do I would definitely recommend looking into this option.

With all of that said, today I am going to be working on our guestbook design using these new engagement photos and some of the original engagement shoot photos. I like that we have a little contrast now – some from the “fall” and some from the “spring”. It will definitely mean our guestbook will have some great variety!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Engagement Session - Round Two