Fun for the Fourth!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I have a half day of work today and I couldn't be more excited to start the weekend early! So what’s on tap for us this beautiful Fourth of July weekend?!

My Mom and Sister are in town as well as M.’s Mom, Dad, Aunt and brother. We’ve got a full weekend planned including a Saturday full of DC touring and shopping, a Fourth girls brunch at a delicious DC restaurant, and a big “cookout” shared with everyone in the early evening on the 4th before going to watch the fireworks on the National Mall! We are excited to host our first group of guests since we’ve been married and we have our whole spread planned out.

On the menu:

Appetizers:
Brown-Sugar Strawberry Pretzels
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites

Main Course:
Mini Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Mini BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Orzo Pasta Salad with Feta
Creamy Potato Salad with Bacon
Corn on the Cob
Chips and Guacamole

…and we obviously couldn’t forget about dessert…
Peanut Butter Blossoms (the ones with the Hershey kisses in the middle!)
Brownie Pillow Cookies (a new recipe I found that I can’t wait to try out!)
Fun-Flag Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting


I hope your Fourth of July weekend is full of friends, family and lots of delicious food...oh yeah, fireworks are great too! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Fun for the Fourth!