Wedding Details: My Bouquet Wrap

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Yesterday in my bridal shower post I mentioned that my mom had made me a beautiful bouquet wrap for my wedding bouquet. I thought that it would be nice to show all of you the wrap in more detail since she did an absolutely amazing job!

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I actually used the wrap in my bridal portraits, but it didn’t yet have the “extra” special touches that my mom added for me for my shower. My mom packaged the bouquet wrap in this beautiful pink and green box with a beautiful “A” embroidered on the top. I loved the big pale pink bow which held the box shut and the rose trim around the “A”.

When I opened the little box I found the beautiful wrap. In this photo you can see the white silk layered with a piece of alencon lace from my mom’s wedding gown (which she made herself, by the way!). I made a small error in my post yesterday by not describing the tiny gold shell. The little shell was actually what I wore for my baptism. You can also see the little gold rectangular pin from when I was a baby and the heart charm with an opal center that my dad gave to my mom on her wedding day.

The next photo is how the bouquet wrap looks on the inside. My mom embroidered the inside of the wrap with my initials and the wedding date! I love the pale blue embroidery thread which will serve as my “something blue”.

Finally, this is the last detail on the wrap. My mom made an almost corset like back to the wrap so that it can fit securely around my bouquet. Actually, for my bridal portraits you couldn’t particularly see this detail because the stems on the flowers (when put together) ended up being smaller than the wrap so instead of lacing the wrap up she tucked that detail under and secured the wrap using pearl-head pins – it was beautiful!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Wedding Details: My Bouquet Wrap