Ramblings for 4.6.11

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
First things first! This morning I was watching the Today Show while I was getting ready for work and there is a soon-to-be auction taking place of some famous Hollywood costumes and props. One of the “costumes” up for auction is this gorgeous pink/peach and white beaded number that Grace Kelly wore in To Catch a Thief. How fabulous did she look in this movie and how fabulous is that dress?! Oh how I was I had oodles and oodles of money so that I could purchase something like this. Gorgeous! Can't beat two Grace Kelly photo posts in a week! :)

Secondly, the lovely Summer posted a comment on my blog yesterday about my high protein plan and the fact that I gave up red meat for Lent. It’s true – I’m still not eating red meat (Easter is just around the corner!), but I am getting most of my “protein” from chicken (some may bore from chicken, but I could eat it almost every night!). Check out this delicious dinner that we prepared last night! M. used our rotisserie maker (seriously one of the best purchases ever) to make a whole chicken that my lovely mom “gifted” us while we were grocery shopping for our last meal when they were in town. I roasted up broccoli and mushrooms in the oven at 400 degrees. I simply drizzled the vegetables with a little olive oil and then sprinkled them with a great hickory salt from Williams Sonoma. Seriously, this meal was SO GOOD. The chicken was AWESOME (we’re going to start making whole chickens more often!) and the vegetables…well…I’ve ALWAYS been a fan of broccoli, but this was just amazing. I actually ended up eating another whole serving of the vegetables. Yum. I’m actually kind of sad I did take seconds because that would have been delicious for part of my lunch today. Bummer.

Last night we also bought our tickets to Tennessee for my brother-in-law's college Graduation this May. We were afraid that because we waited the tickets were going to be outrageous...and they were, but luckily my money saving husband "named a price" and we ended up getting the tickets for HALF of what we thought we'd have to pay - SCORE! It will be so nice to get out of the city for a couple of days to celebrate M.'s brother and spend time with family. Right now my plan is to wear the dress I wore for my bridal shower around almost the exact time last year. My shower was on May 1st and my brother-in-law's graduation is on the 7th. Let's hope it still fits! ;)

Finally for my final rambling this Wednesday, a nice big delivery of Girl Scout Cookies arrived in our office this morning and you bet there was a bag with my name on it! Now the real challenge is going to be waiting to indulge in these suckers until this Saturday. Mmm..Samoas are calling my name right about now! About that dress I'm planning on wearing for my brother-in-law's graduation...

Happy Wednesday! The weekend is creeping closer and closer!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Ramblings for 4.6.11