Our Wedding Details: Hand-drawn Wedding Map

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Do you want to see the wedding map that I created?!

I know, I know – I’ve been talking about this map for months now (remember this post from December?? Yeah, definitely mentioned it here) – well, I finally have it finished and I am SO pleased with the end result.

It took me a while because I had to hand draw a lot of the elements such as the actual map background and all of the little icons (the law books, pig, beer mug, cupcake, wedding bells, wedding cake, “clinking glasses”, shopping bags, trees…even the birds holding the banner seen in the top left corner – I ended up drawing each of these little icons by hand!).

The icons were not too difficult to do, but the actual map itself was a challenge for me. You wouldn’t think that it would be so difficult, but for a while when I looked at it I just thought it looked kind of funny. You’ll also notice that I chose not to include street names on my map. The reason that I didn’t include them is because I wanted the map to be more of a cute keepsake than an actual map that our guests use to get to the different locations. I’ll be printing separate cards for the bags that have directions/addresses to the key places for the wedding and also a few of the “fun” locations that I included on the map just in case they have time to kill during the weekend.

The map actually has a border too, but for some reason it’s not showing up on my saved image.

I printed these maps to use for the out-of-town welcome gift bags. On the back of each map I’ve printed a “Welcome Note” from M. and me. I am so happy with the way that they turned out and I'm excited for this extra special detail for our out-of-town guests! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Our Wedding Details: Hand-drawn Wedding Map