Having a "NICE" Day

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Just yesterday someone new started in my department. To be honest, there have been a ton of new employees since I’ve started working here, but this is the first “new” employee that has the same title as I do. It’s still crazy to me that I am working here, my dream job with my dream company. It’s still crazy to me that I live in New York City, and it’s crazy to me that I’ve been here coming up on half of a year.

I’ve been as helpful/welcoming/nice as I can possibly be to the new employee because I remember all too well what it felt like being the “new person” in this environment. Not knowing ANY of the systems that are used. Not knowing ANY of the lingo that was thrown around by my colleagues. It was really hard to make new friends when there was already such a “team” formed.

The fact of the matter is, I know that for the rest of my life the world of “women” is always going to be competitive and judgmental. It’s just how most women are – it’s like they can’t help it…even a little bit. Even sometimes I have my gossip moments and “mean” moments, and I certainly don’t write this to “pretend” to be someone that I am not. I really always strive to be a nice girl and not a mean one. It’s like my mom always told me, “just be nice.”

Short and sweet today because I have errands to run! Until tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Having a "NICE" Day