The Drink Club & Brunch

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
On Friday evening I attended a "Drink Club" meeting with some of my friends from college & a few new girls I hadn't yet met. One of the girls wanted to start a "Drink Club" -- a once-a-month meet up for "just the girls" where the host would serve special drinks & the attendees bring some snacks. I thought it sounded like a great idea and immediately RSVP'ed 'Yes!'

We sampled a few different cocktails including a strawberry mojito, a mimosa-esque drink and my favorite, the "Diamond Fizz" a mix of gin, lemonade, fresh lemon and lime juice and either champagne or club soda...I can't remember now. It was delicious! I had such a great time getting to know some new girls as well as catching up with some old friends! I am definitely looking forward to the next "Drink Club" evening.

Saturday it snowed all day (we were only supposed to get about an inch or two and ended up with about 7) so M. & I lounged around -- I watched a few Lifetime movies. That evening we trekked out into the snow for a "bar food" dinner at one of our favorite spots.

Sunday morning after cleaning up the apartment a bit, M. had the brilliant idea of going out for brunch! I absolutely LOVE breakfast foods and new just the place to try out -- Georgia Brown's. You may remember this restaurant from my birthday last September - M. brought me here to try out their delicious southern inspired cuisine. Well I had heard that the brunch was absolutely spectacular and this is EXACTLY the way to describe the feast that we enjoyed.

The brunch at Georgia Brown's consists of three "Acts". Act One is a brunch buffet of the most amazing breakfast treats -- Biscuit battered french toast (OMG) with hot maple syrup and pecans, bacon, chicken sausage, mini eggs benedict, homemade biscuits, made to order omelets, roast beef, honey baked ham, roasted turkey, a delicious assortment of fresh salads, fruit, roasted red pepper potatoes, southern potato salad, and corn bread. Act Two is your choice of an entree off of the menu. They actually box up your choice so that you can take it home to eat for dinner. Act Three was the dessert course -- mini red velvet, chocolate and carrot cake cupcakes, hot & bubbly peach cobbler, a chocolate fountain with a huge assortment of delicious morsels to dip, fruit tartes, pecan pie, brownies and key lime bars.
This was seriously the most amazing brunch I think I have ever experienced in my life. I didn't even make it to the made-to-order omelets (and now I am really kicking myself for not ordering one!) because I was way too obsessed with the biscuit battered french toast with yummy bacon swimming in the syrup and a healthy side of the blue cheese and red grape salad. We were thoroughly impressed with the amazing food and will certainly be going back for this brunch -- next time we will be sure to make a reservation though! :)
I made an appointment for tomorrow morning to visit the dentist for a cleaning/check up...I'm pretty sure I have a cavity (eek!) -- could it be all of that delicious sugary maple syrup I ate?!

Have a great Monday! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: The Drink Club & Brunch