Wedding Recap: The Messy Aftermath

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
There is really no easy way to start the recaps for the wedding (there is SO MUCH to share!), and until we have a few professional pictures from our photographer I don’t want to get into TOO much detail with you all because I really want the recaps to include some beautiful photos!! So what I'll do today is kind of start from the end...

M. and my “wedding weekend” was absolutely magical – this is simply the best word to describe everything! It’s amazing how long you spend planning for such an exciting event and in the blink of an eye it is all over. Luckily, we savored every moment of the weekend, in fact, I found myself closing my eyes every few hours to just sit and breathe and take everything in. We were so blessed to have so many wonderful family members and friends in attendance.

We’re coming down from such a “high” built up by bridal breakfasts/luncheons, groomsman get-togethers, cookouts, riding around in a vintage Chevy and being honked at and waved too with big thumbs ups, dancing together with all of our closest friends at our reception, being excited over having my bridal portraits published on a fabulous website, and unwrapping so many generous gifts from our guests.

It is sad that all of the “fun celebratory” events are over, but now there is something so much more exciting ahead of us – our lives spent together! I think M.’s grandfather said it best – “After the wedding is over many times young people are sad and feel depressed, but that’s just because they don’t realize how many wonderful and exciting things lie ahead of them.” This couldn’t be truer! M. and I are taking the next step in our journey together and we’re so incredibly excited at the many unknown things to come!

First step in our journey together…getting our apartment in order!! We drove back to DC on Monday evening and boy did we have a full car! We strategically placed each gift in the car so as to maximize space, but by the end of it we started just shoving everything we could into the back seat! I am excited to go through all of the gifts and start organizing them in the apartment, but it’s for sure going to be a project and a half! We’re going to start tonight, but I know that this organizing will go into the weekend. Of course since I document everything with my camera I took a few pictures of our mess to share with all of you!

Have a fabulous Wednesday! It’s already almost the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Wedding Recap: The Messy Aftermath