What I'll Be Wearing: My Bridal Shower

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I’m super excited for this weekend because my mom’s friends are hosting a bridal shower in my honor and I just cannot wait! It will be so fun to see my college friends and bridesmaids and also see many of our family friends! The women hosting the event are SO creative and always have the most beautiful parties (I've seen photos from a few that my mom has attended) so I cannot wait to see what they came up with!

I am also very excited for the shower because I have some family members coming into town as well! My Aunt P. will be there as well as my Aunt J. and her daughter Kathryn (who is one of my bridesmaids!). I’ll be flying in to North Carolina tomorrow evening for a fun weekend surrounded by the most amazing women!

I’ve mentioned it before, but it’s been so fun picking out my outfits for all of the “pre-wedding” events so I thought I would show you what I’ll be wearing on Saturday.

The shower starts at noon and goes until two so I want to wear something that is very "spring". I bought this Kay Unger dress in December (yes, I was thinking WAY ahead!) right before Christmas and I love the pastel colors – the pale pink is to die for and the accent of sorbet orange is beautiful! :) I wasn't sure at the time what I would wear it for, but it turns out this bridal shower will be the perfect event!

It’s a very different “cut” for me, but I like that because I want something special for this one-time life event. In December it fit pretty perfectly, but since I've lost some weight I had it taken in by a local alterations shop.

I haven’t yet decided what jewelry I’ll wear with the dress – I obviously will have to stick to an earrings and bracelet combo since the neck on the dress is too high for a necklace. I bought a couple different pairs of earrings (some which I will be returning after I make my decision) - one with a pastel pink/orange enamel combo, one pair that are a little more "bold" with a flower look to them (also enamel), and one pair that is more "classic" -- pink pearls and little crystals. We'll see how I choose to do my hair on the day of and then I'm sure it will be easy to make the decision!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: What I'll Be Wearing: My Bridal Shower