Wedding Details: My Wedding Day Earrings

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I’ll admit it – I had a “platinum wedding” moment when I was trying to decide what jewelry I wanted to wear for my wedding. When we went to pick up my wedding band at the same jeweler where M. purchased my engagement ring I spotted a fabulous pair of diamond chandelier earrings. I fell in love – they were beautiful. Turns out, they would also cost us an arm and a leg and to be honest we need our arms and legs to dance at the wedding.

On my wedding day I figured I would wear all “real” jewelry which when I look back at that thought now It makes me want to throw up – how spoiled of me. Poor M., I wonder if he really knows what he's getting himself into!?

First of all, buying a pair of diamond chandelier earrings is a RIDICULOUS idea…for me at least. If I am getting diamonds then I want to be able to wear them often and diamond chandelier earrings would NOT be worn often, instead they would sit in my jewelry box (or actually, M. would probably make me put them in a small safe) waiting for a dressy enough occasion to be worn.

Instead of expecting “real” on my wedding day I gave myself a reality check and started the search for the perfect “real” (as in: it’s a real thing that’s in my hand, but might not be real diamonds) chandelier earrings to wear on my wedding day. I searched through all of the “bridal” jewelry designer's web sites and found that everything was just a little too big OR I didn’t feel like spending $300-$500 on faux chandelier earrings (I mean, let’s be honest, only a few more thousand dollars and I could have the real thing! HA!).

For a moment I considered finding a smaller pair of earrings and a necklace, but I’m really not a “fancy” necklace person and would most likely feel uncomfortable wearing one with my wedding gown.

So what did I do?! The weekend before my bridal portraits I walked into a department store with my mom and spotted a great pair of dangly earrings. As I put the earrings on and examined the product I thought back to my original plan of having more of a “chandelier” effect, but I ended up deciding that the streamlined, classic design with a little modern twist (due to the shapes of the settings) fit right along with my wedding gown -- $38 later and I had my perfect wedding day earrings. I make decisions very quickly and who cares that they were $38, I love them and think they look great! :)

Obviously you can see the earrings in the detail photo above right, they are by Givenchy and they are called the “Linear Earrings”. They’re 2 inches long and have a platinum finish with crystal stones in various geometric shaped bezel settings. For being faux diamonds, they’re actually very, very sparkly! I also cropped one of my bridal portraits (above left) so that you can see what they look like as far as length!

I may also end up wearing some sort of bracelet, although I am still figuring that out!

What are you wearing/did you wear as far as jewelry for your wedding?!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Wedding Details: My Wedding Day Earrings