The Royal Wedding: Unforgettable!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Good morning!!! Well – it’s happened people – the wonderfully beautiful Royal Wedding! I was up early (3:45am to be exact) to get in place for the start of the Royal Wedding coverage. I pulled out my tiara for a quick pick (I think this may be from my college theme party days) so that I could feel like a princess and then intended to head to the gym. I ended up not spending my time this morning on the treadmill because once I turned on the TV in my living room I simply couldn’t take my eyes off of the big, beautiful clear screen in front of me and I was afraid that the treadmill screen may not do the event justice! Instead I sat eagerly waiting and watching on my couch.

It was so absolutely exciting to see the event unfold and Once Prince William and Harry stepped into their car to make the drive to Westminster Abbey everything became even more exciting. I waited and waited for that glimpse of the gorgeous Kate Middleton and then, there she was – absolutely stunning in a waist cinching, lace sleeved (with an illusion sweetheart neckline) gown complete with full skirt and all of its glorious pleated details. I was in love. I had a sneaking suspicion that she would channel Grace Kelly’s wedding dress since I was certain that an “ethereal” gown like so many thought she may wear simply wouldn’t have held up in that large of a venue and that formal of a church. It was definitely a nod to the gorgeous gown worn by Grace, but of course, Kate’s had her own special twists and of course that tiara…oh, beautiful and stunning tiara.

I was impressed and in utter awe over the amazing details of their special ceremony. Kate’s walk down the aisle literally brought me to tears and the choir sounded like angels. The trumpets that played were ever so regal and the hymns sung by the guests were quite moving. AMAZING. The homily given was touching and very appropriate for the couple. I adored the accents that were added to the Abbey (the trees were so beautiful and serene) and I appreciated the fact that Catherine went with a more understated bouquet. Her beauty (especially the quick glimpses of a smile on her face when walking in and during the ceremony) and the beauty of her gown certainly stole the show and as usual, she was a graceful and poised as ever. I’m so glad that I woke up early to witness the entire event unfold.

Of course I had to watch the “first kiss” on the balcony. It was shorter than I thought it would be, but sweet nonetheless. Apparently William doesn’t particularly like public displays of affection, and with as regal as they both looked, it almost seemed appropriate that they kept their kiss short and sweet. The scene of the Royals up on the balcony was one I’ll never forget! The precious flower girls peeking over the edge of the deep red fabric swags and the little boys pointing at the fly over was just amazing. Kate was glowing and I could tell that she was enjoying her moment with the public.

Someday I’ll tell my kids about this! :) This is possibly the most magical way to end a work week - I SO wish that I was in London right now celebrating with everyone and right there in the action!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: The Royal Wedding: Unforgettable!