NOTD comparison: MAC Blue India and Illamasqua Muse

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Illamasqua's Muse has been my hands-down favourite nail polish since it came out last year. I love the rich, creamy application, the deep, slightly dusty teal colour, the fantastic wear, everything.

When MAC's Blue India appeared among the recent Give Me Liberty of London collection, it was a definite one to check for me, although I was concerned that it might not be different enough from Muse for me to want to own.

As you can see, I bought it anyway, and here's my on-nail and in-bottle comparison pictures. Blue India is much less green, inky blue/indigo and slightly darker, although the two share the same kind of dusty, gentle shade type and the creme finish. They both remind me of the paint colours you might see on gorgeous old cars from the 1970s and early 80s.



I'd heard that MAC's polishes didn't wear too well, but I've been really happy with Blue India's performance. The manicure you see here has worn through a day out in London, as well as a session of gardening. Top marks. (Although Seche Vite may have played a part in that.)

Muse (£13.00 from Illamasqua) is on my ring finger in the pics below. The rest of the nails are Blue India (£8.00 from MAC, limited edition with Give Me Liberty of London collection.)



0 comments:

Post a comment on: NOTD comparison: MAC Blue India and Illamasqua Muse