Menu Planning: Easter Lunch 2011

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Good morning everyone!

It’s actually Good Friday and I can hardly believe it. The office is pretty quiet today and I think there is some talk of letting out a bit early which will be quite welcome in my book.

Thank you for your comments on my “Scale Stories” post the other day. I am going to be sure to answer the questions that were asked and get back to those of you who asked!

I’m gearing up for our low key Easter weekend of relaxation and celebration. We don’t have anything crazy planned for Easter day, but we’ll be going to church and then making a big Easter lunch. I’m going to be able to see just how good I am at halving recipes! :)

We have a big menu planned for that day and I am super excited about spending some time in the kitchen. I haven’t cooked in a while (I really need to get back to that!) and can’t wait to put these yummy dishes on our table on Sunday afternoon.

So let’s take a look at the menu!

I wanted to make a sweet drink for the occasion and decided to go with my old standby and add in something fresh and spring-y. Prosecco with Pink Grapefruit will be the perfect sweet start to our meal. In my eyes, nothing says Easter like a ham. We often had ham on Easter when I was growing up, so it’s something that is sort of ingrained in my mind. We ordered a Honeybaked Ham for the occasion and plan on eating it with homemade Park House Rolls, Grainy Mustard and Swiss Cheese. Ok, let’s be honest, I’ll be the only one eating my ham sandwiches with the mustard and cheese…and please note I said “sandwiches,” plural. :)

As far as side items go, I’ve been wanting to try out a few recipes so we’ll be having a Cherry Tomato, Mozzarella, and Zucchini Pie, Classic Mashed Potatoes (M.’s specialty!) and Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Tangy Vinaigrette (a recipe my mom always makes that I absolutely LOVE). This morning M. also requested that I make stuffing. Although not a traditional “Easter” side, I wouldn’t mind making it – it’s always delicious!

As if that’s not already enough food for the two of us (luckily we’ll have leftovers for the entire week!), I couldn’t forget about dessert! I’ve wanted to try out a Orange Honey Ricotta Turnover recipe so that will be our “starter” sweet treat. I also plan on making a Beehive Sweet Cake with Strawberries and Fresh Whipped Cream. I actually purchased the pan off of that new site, Joss & Main (much like RueLaLa, but all home items) and I am totally excited about trying it out! If all works out just right, the cake will look just as beautiful as in these photos! Fingers crossed. :) Finally, I can’t forget about M.’s love of chocolate, I plan on making him a special Chocolate Cream Pie.

Holy Moly! You’d think we were having a party of 10 coming over! Is it crazy to make all of these dishes? Yes. Is it going to be SO fun? Yes! I’m already excited about going grocery shopping to stock up on all of the fresh and beautiful ingredients!

I hope that you all have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

PS: How beautiful is that tablescape!? I am IN LOVE with the colors! I wonder why?! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Menu Planning: Easter Lunch 2011