Adventures in Cooking: Crunchy Honey Chicken

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
You know how sometimes you just do stupid things?! Well, yesterday I did one of those “stupid things”. Even after I wrote a blog post all about Lent and what I’d be giving up for the Lenten Season. Even after I acknowledged the fact that it indeed was Ash Wednesday yesterday – I included meat in my dinner. Luckily, not red meat (which again, is what I’ve given up for the Lenten season), but chicken. I made chicken for dinner last night and I didn’t realize that I had “done it” until this morning when I was thinking about what I would talk about on my blog today.

I’m obviously not going to beat myself up about it, but I can’t believe that after everything, I ended up eating meat last night. I blame it on the fact that I meal planned for the week, but at the time (last Sunday) didn’t consider that Lent was actually starting this week, or that Ash Wednesday was yesterday. Bummer.

Anyway, I figured I would still share this meal with you because it was a new one for us and actually pretty tasty. I found the recipe via Tasty Kitchen (aka my recipe collecting obsession), Crunchy Honey Chicken…and it was delicious! We made ours with broccoli, red pepper and carrots and served it over white rice (and thinking about it now we could prob. substitute brown rice for the white rice for a little more health factor). I think next time I will also add in a little sesame oil too...and maybe some cashews. Overall though, this dish was a delicious departure from how we normally eat our chicken and veggies and of course you can’t really beat the beautiful, vibrant colors of this dish. Even the most anti-veggie eater may change their mind at the sight of the glossy, steaming vegetables, and like I said, they were delicious too!

Tonight I’m going on my very first “blogger” meet up in the city. I’m so excited to meet some new people and try out a new spot! It’s a bummer that it’s so gross in the city today – rainy and gray. I’m sporting my new hot pink Boden sweater though which is making everything a little more cheery!

Happy Thursday folks, tomorrow the weekend begins! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Adventures in Cooking: Crunchy Honey Chicken