Kudos To Oprah's Stylist

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
First off, thanks for all of your comments yesterday! I loved reading everyone's opinion on the babies in the city topic. Interesting points made by all of you...luckily I don't have to worry about that quite yet! :)

A short and meaningless post today for all of you since I’ve got a busy morning ahead of me! First of all commuted to work in a “blizzard” today. I can’t believe all the snow we’re getting. I realize that I say this EVERY TIME it has snowed here so far, but I seriously can’t believe that we’re expected to get 5-8 inches tonight. CRAZY.

So back to my meaningless post. In my section at work there has been a lot of talk about Oprah’s “big announcement” that occurred just the other day. Of course, it’s a huge deal that she has a “sister,” but I’m going to make this post even more meaningless and not talk about that at all. Instead I wanted to talk about how I admire Oprah’s stylist.

First off, just so we’re clear, I’m not one of those girls who is SUPER obsessed with the famous talk show host, but of course growing up her show was always on at 4:00pm in my household and if I was home (sometimes I didn’t have a practice or activity) I would watch or listen to it in the background while doing my homework (aka playing around on Instant Messenger). In addition, we all know that Oprah has had her up’s and down’s with her weight, but I have always (with the exception of a few episodes I’ve seen) been impressed with the way that her stylist dresses her for her show.

Even though I can say that I LOVE the color pink, I often find myself dressing in more neutral colors…I LOVE the color black and own many black pants, sweaters, jackets, shirts, shoes, etc. Black always looks chic and with a great, long strand of pearls or a fun gold necklace it’s perfection. Sometimes I am afraid to buy things that are more “WOW” in the color department because I feel like I won’t get a lot of use out of them. This is where I admire Oprah’s stylist. It makes sense, because on set if a person wears black or white it really does wash them out and doesn’t pop on screen, so Oprah is always dressed in great pops of bright colors. I love the way that her stylist combines different hues that you wouldn’t expect would go together…or at least, wouldn’t immediately think about pairing together. For example, one show (I don’t have a photo from it) she wore a bright lavender sweater over a blue-ish patterned shirt – it looked gorgeous and was an unexpected combination.

So today in this dreary, snowy weather I decide to channel my inner Oprah Stylist and have paired my favorite magenta/purple cable knit sweater with a blue and white small check gingham collared shirt. It’s definitely a jeans day in the office because of this nasty weather so I’ve got my classic Tiffany pearls in (my wedding gift from my sweet husband) and my gold and tortoise shell Tory Burch flats on my feet (of course it was a two-shoe day and my rain boots are comfortably next to me at my desk).

Some of my favorite “bright pieces” these days include a horizontal striped number from Milly (even though I have a pretty strict rule against horizontal stripes after the age of 12, I actually really like this dress!), a fun, bright dress from Kay Unger, a shocking teal dress from Talbots, and this adorable, floral dress from Lilly! I guess I’m also really in the mood for some new dresses!

Bright thoughts being sent your way from this NYC gal!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Kudos To Oprah's Stylist