Heavenly Cupcakes

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
We’ve had some exciting things taking shape in our household lately, but of course I can’t share anything specific with you yet. Things are looking good though! What’s not looking so good are the 15 or so inches of snow outside our front door – sheesh!

After my early morning run (inside of course!) I decided to make my way to work earlier than needed just so I could catch up on a lot of my work. It’s nice and peaceful in the office right now – heaven! I’m guessing most people will be in around 11 – all of the train delays and kiddie’s school closings will make for a nice two hours of straight, uninterrupted work for this girl!

This weekend, aside from some “home” projects I want to work on (aka finishing decorating our place – pictures soon, I promise!), I’m also going to attempt to replicate one of my favorite cupcakes from my DC days. The market near our home had blood oranges “on sale” so I picked one up to attempt the Blood Orange Dreamsicle Cupcake from the Lavender Moon Cupcakery in Alexandria, VA. It’s seriously one of my MOST FAVORITE cupcakes EVER. Although the cake is really nothing to swoon over (although still pretty tasty) the frosting is what did me in – creamy, rich, perfect orange flavor – I can’t wait to try (and probably completely fail) to make these!

So I figured what better topic to discuss today then bakeries in New York City! I’ve only sampled a couple of bakeries here – Billy’s Bakery and Magnolia, but all of you New York readers and those of you who have visited NYC and done your fair share of sampling cupcakes/baked goods please share with me your favorite spots and favorite flavors(Hey! It's part of getting acclimated to this city!). I’m always a big fan of anything frosted with rich, cream cheese frosting, but of course I am up for anything! I need suggestions people….STAT! It’s a goal of mine to sample all of the best baked goods that New York has to offer while I’m still living in this snow covered city.

I hope you're having a much warmer day where you are -- Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Heavenly Cupcakes