Positively Preppy in Pink Home Tour - DC

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
So now that I'm moving to a new place, I figured it would be a good time to show you our home in Washington, DC....I know, I realize that I promised I would show you pictures about a year ago, but I've just continued to put it off and I suppose there is no time like the present...especially since I'll be spending my last night there tomorrow evening! So without further ado, I wanted to share photos of our very first apartment shared together as a married couple!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our first apartment together. I LOVE our apartment building -- everything about it from the location, to the apartment size, the view, the amenities -- it's like heaven. In fact, one of the things I am most afraid of for our move is that we won't be able to find a place that we like as much! Fingers crossed!

We were lucky and moved in when the building had only been open for a few months. The occupancy at that time was very low and they were running a lot of specials to get new tenants. Turns out we scored a MAJORLY great deal on our place -- with a BEAUTIFUL view of the United States Capitol -- amazing! We decided on a one bedroom apartment because there was so much space in the living room we knew that there would be plenty of room for guests to stay.

I am thankful for such amazing parents who provided us with our furniture. M. & I never bought any new furniture during our college days because we somehow always lucked out with roommates that had parents who bought them new couches, entertainment systems, etc. The only furniture that I bought throughout my college days was a desk from Goodwill that my mom and I refurbished. Crazy, right?! I already had everything else because my mom lovesss to redecorate which meant excess furniture at our house! :) So anyway, we were very lucky because my parents gave us lots of fun things for our new place -- a mattress, headboard (which my mom and I recovered shown HERE), big glass desk, lamps, couch, and kitchen items. My mom found a FABULOUS claw footed table which I originally showed you (HERE) that was being thrown out. Instead she brought it home for me and I repainted and stained it. While we were moving M. out of his apartment I found (THIS TABLE) in the trash. It was perfectly good and we needed a side table so I also brought this home and painted it. Finally, we ended up buying an "entertainment center" from Ikea when we first moved to DC and that's it!

We originally thought that we would paint some of the walls in our place, but we kept putting it off and putting it off and it never got done. I didn't mind though because we had enough on the walls to give our place some life. I am going to replace some of the photos that we have hung over our bed with some of our professional wedding photos

So...I finally got around to taking a few pictures, but of course there are boxes peeking out in some of them -- I wish I would not have put this off for so long! Packing has been my life for the last week and a half, but I'm almost there now! :)

Maybe in our next place I'll give you the tour a lot sooner! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Positively Preppy in Pink Home Tour - DC