Wedding Details: Family Wedding Photo Display

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
It has become somewhat of a trend in "wedding land" to include photos of your family members at their weddings (most specifically the bride and groom’s parents or their grandparents.)

I have jumped on the bandwagon with this one, but in a slightly different way. I am not going to reveal just yet how our family wedding photos will be displayed because it’s going to be a fun surprise for our guests (or at least I think so!). Originally my mom and I discussed displaying the photos on the wedding cake table (a very nice accent) or even displaying them on the table with our guestbook. Most importantly, I wanted our guests to really be able to see the photos and understand the connection -- of course I also wanted something super unique!

Well, Martha...I mean Mom to the rescue!! My mom came up with the most amazing and creative way to display the family photos!! I wish I could show you now, but you’ll see it soon enough (only about a month until our wedding!). I thought though that it would be fun to share some of the photos that we went through for this project.

Each and every one of these family photos is so special. I love seeing our family members on their special day and I love that each image has its own special character.

So let's review the photos....the very first photo makes me very happy -- it's my parents on their wedding day! They were married in a Catholic ceremony in Wisconsin. I think this is just the cutest picture -- first, I can't believe how much hair my dad has and second my mom has just the prettiest smile on her face!

The second photo is actually M.'s parents on their wedding day in Mississipp! M.'s dad is looking sharp in that white tux and I love the yellow roses and daisies that M.'s mom carried -- so fresh and springy!

The next photo down to the left is my dad's parents. It's kind of neat having a different type of wedding photo -- not just the posed picture on the alter. I love my g'mas hair-do and my dad's father's smile is just so sweet.

Next to the right is M.'s grandparents. My favorite part of this photo is the bride's big pink flower pinned to her short white dress! SUPER pretty! M.'s mom actually told me that her mother's dress was a plain short white dress and that the lace on the skirt is actually a separate piece that was wrapped around the plain skirt!

Finally, the final photo above to the left is my grandparents (my Mom's parents). The thing I love most about this photo is the AMAZING hand coloring of the photo and how well it has held up over the years. The colors look just beautiful in person and my grandmother's dress is kind of on-trend with fashion right now -- the tiered look! I love the tux that my grandfather is wearing -- he looks so handsome!
So I decided I needed to include a few more photos from my parent's wedding...because well, they're my parents and they're amazing! My mom actually made her wedding dress (which I think is super chic!) and she was SO tiny!
Many people think that my mom and I look similar. I actually tried on her wedding dress soon after I got engaged and I remember feeling very special in it -- she did an amazing job and used beautiful lace (which a piece is now on my bouquet wrap!) and I absolutely love the scalloped edges on the sleeves. I also loved her veil. She had the little "cap" like veil which I think is so cute.
Happy Thursday! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Wedding Details: Family Wedding Photo Display