Things for Thursday: 5.12.11

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
- This Sunday I plan on baking a cake. I’ve been dying to try out this one particular style of cake and I figured I can bake it, try one piece and bring the rest into my co-workers on Monday…you know, so that it’s not hanging around my apartment where I will be tempted to eat the entire thing. I promise to take photos to show it off in a later post!

- I’ve been loving the amazingly beautiful weather we’ve had this past week and I’ve taken advantage of it by wearing as many fun spring things as I can before the rainy and gloomy days return to the weekly cycle. Today I’m sporting a fun Milly blouse and yesterday, I loved my outfit so much that I actually took some photos. I had a meeting yesterday that I was in charge of putting together so I wanted to be dressed up, but not by wearing black head to toe. Instead I took the neutral spring look by pairing a fun, v-neck floral dress (which my mom actually bought me for my college graduation weekend) with a brown button-up shirt tied up at my high waist (I've been doing this a lot with my outfits lately, it's a great way to cinch your waist without having to always "belt" an item), neutral high heeled sandals, and of course pearls! I LOVED this outfit. Not only was it SUPER comfortable, but I felt a little like Grace Kelly since the skirt was full (it’s actually pleated which I’m not sure if you can see in the photo or not) and the brown top cinched in my waist at just the right spot. I had a few co-workers tell me that I looked like I had just stepped out of a catalog and my immediate supervisor told me I looked very “Prada” so I guess I did something right. What’s the most fun is that no one really knew that it was a dress underneath which means that I can actually use this dress for more than one “look”.

- I’ve found yet another perfume that I am officially obsessed with! Lately I’ve been wearing my Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume pretty regularly and some days when I’m feeling extra pretty (like yesterday) I will spritz myself with my special wedding day perfume, Creed Spring Flower, but the other night I was going through our mail and came across a sample of Coach’s Poppy perfume. I absolutely loved the sweet scent and I am adding it to my must-have list. Plus, the bottle is beautiful - look at that sweet little bow! I am a sucker for great presentation! :) The colors kind of match my blog design, don't ya think?!

- My brother-in-law arrived last night for his fun visit to New York. This evening the two guys (my husband and his brother, of course!) plan on trying to get into the Colbert Report show taping. They’ll have to stand in line pretty early this afternoon to try and get in – I hope they get the tickets!

- On a not as bright-and-cheery note, I’ve decided to attend the funeral of my friend’s husband. No, I’ve never met him, but I really feel like it’s important that I be there to support her during this ridiculously tough time that she is going through now and will be going through for months and months to come. I feel terrible for my friend, absolutely terrible. The main funeral service is on Saturday morning in Washington, DC so I’ll be driving with a co-worker very early Saturday morning and coming back that evening. I know that seeing my friend is going to be incredibly hard because I know that right now she is absolutely broken and I am so used to seeing her as the happiest person with the biggest smile on her face. I just pray for her to have strength on the day of the funeral and in the coming months and peace of mind knowing that her husband may not be here on earth, but at least he is with Him.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Things for Thursday: 5.12.11