A New Chapter for M.

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Good morning everyone!

The day that M. and I have prayed about for a while now has finally come.

Maybe it’s the fact that I am a blogger, or maybe it was the fact that I had a sneaking suspicion this time around, but I decided to take a photo of the note that I wrote for M. the day of a big job interview about a month ago. Two weeks after that he was called in for a second interview and we both knew that it could only be a good thing. M. went in for that second interview about two weeks ago and since then we have simply been waiting and praying that this would be his big break. In fact, most of all we just wanted whatever position he ended up getting to be the right one for him – this particular position would just be the cherry on the sundae.

M. took a huge leap of faith when he moved to New York so that I could work a job that I have always dreamed of. We left the little home that we knew in Washington, D.C. and entered the hustle and bustle of big city life. Our scenery is no longer filled with full, green trees, historic government buildings and the beautiful, gleaming US Capitol, but instead, it’s now filled with the bright lights of the Empire State Building, yellow taxis whipping by, and more pizza restaurants than one could possibly count.

The wonderful reality is, M. got the job. We are over-the-moon excited about this opportunity and truth be told he is going to be a perfect fit. If you had told M. one year ago that he’d be working where he’ll be working in a few short days, heck, if you asked him even a month ago, he’d never believe you. Well – we know that he’s good enough, but it’s the shock of it all really. All of our prayers have worked themselves out and M. will be working with one of HIS dream companies.

Obviously I’m not going to tell you where he’ll be working. I’m not THAT transparent on the blog – at least I try not to be! What I can tell you is that he’ll be working on Wall Street with a large financial firm. There is some paperwork that still needs to be finished and a few t’s that still need to be crossed before his official start date, but it’s real people.

What a wonderful day.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: A New Chapter for M.