An Award & A Few Pictures

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Hi there!! I can't believe I haven't been posting more frequently, I guess I've been busier than I thought! We've officially booked our band for the wedding - they should be fabulous & I can't wait to meet with them to discuss their song list!

I've spent this week continuing my job search. I had an interview last week & I am awaiting a response about the position - keeping my fingers crossed of course!

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Sunshine in the City for giving me a lovely blog award. She gave me the Attitude of Gratitude Award!

The Rules of Accepting and Sharing this Award
1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4.Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award. Thank you, Mrs. Sunshine in the City!

Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude: Obviously I am not perfect & do not always have an attitude of gratitude, but I would attribute my attitude of gratitude to my parents, siblings & my fiancee M. My parents have always been extremely supportive & have always taught me to be thankful for the things that I have & to "just be nice!" My sister & brother have taught me to cherish the times we spend together (times that I am extremely thankful for). My fiancee has taught me to love & laugh -- I am of course, so very thankful for having him in my life. I have a wonderful life & I love very much the people that God has blessed me with! I am so very grateful!

I nominate the following blogs for the Attitude of Gratitude Award:

A Classy, Catholic, Southern Bride
Lis Loves
B is for Bride
My Life in Pink & Green
Preppy Panache
The Bona Fide Preppy Bride

I also wanted to share a picture with you of my DIY engagement shadow box. M. & my engagement night was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I really wanted to do something special with some of the keepsakes (the champagne (bottle) we shared together after getting engaged, the ring box, the ribbon from the book M. made for me & gave to me right before proposing). I decided to do a shadow box so that I could incorporate all of these pieces in on DIY craft & have something that we will keep & cherish forever (while keeping those special items in good shape!)

In person the muslin background doesn't look so wrinkly, I'm not sure why it appears to pucker on the photos. You can see the champagne bottle nestled into the box on the right & the ring box is in the upper right corner. I used styro-foam as a background to place the pictures & other little details & then cut into (& shaped) the areas where I wanted to fit in the bottle & ring box. I finished the edges with a little neutral braid that I found at a craft store. I then painted the background (under the glass) a chocolate brown to match the plaque I made which serves as a spot for our initials in block letters & I painted the rest of the box & the top of the frame an vintage white. I think it turned out fabulous & I love that the bottle & ring box pop off of the background! I can't wait to hang it in our first apartment together!

I also worked on a scrapbook page tonight! I had some photos printed from my final sorority formal & I think the pages turned out super cute!! I still need to add in a little typed piece in the top left corner about the evening, blah blah, but I am loving the navy & pink theme!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far!!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: An Award & A Few Pictures